GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamnecube 2 in 2005?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/12/02 at 16:49
Regular
Taken from Cube-europe.com

Nintendo are to collaborate with NEC on the next generation of Nintendo home console, reports Bloomberg. Rumours point to a possible 2005 release, to directly compete with Sony's Playstation 3.

NEC have previously provided chips for the Dreamcast and, of course, the GameCube. They have also recently invested heavily in a new production factory in Japan.

It's good to know that Cube 2 (obvioulsy it won't be called that) is in the works but 2005?

Bit early if you ask me, still as long as it's backwards compatable thenI don't see it being a massive problem.

They said Cube has a good 5 years in it so games should still be released for it me thinks.
Sat 14/12/02 at 22:42
damn scared sony boys realsing the ps3 cause they know they've lost, damn you!!! anyways a gc add on would be good enough surely
Sat 14/12/02 at 22:29
Regular
Turn based combat is great.

If ANYONE takes back Skies of Arcadia then I shall give you a good kicking.
Sat 14/12/02 at 22:20
Regular
"^_^"
If it is backward compatible it won't make much differenr. I will just go and sell my Gamecube and get that one!
Sat 14/12/02 at 21:58
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
It just gets better and better. Apart from our money, but hopefully it will be worth it.
Sat 14/12/02 at 18:00
Regular
"^_^"
I want to go into games development. And hopwfully if they do compete properly then we can silence the PS2 fanboys
Sat 14/12/02 at 17:36
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Im my opinion (reply to original post) a new console in 2005 is no bad thing. It means Nintendo and Sony can finally *fairly* fight for market, and doesn't allow one or other to install a huge user base ahead of everyone. Plus, I will be ... in ... University come August/September 2005, hopefully doing games development, so I could a) afford it and b) 'understand' (no thesaurus to hand) the console/gaming better.
Sat 14/12/02 at 17:34
"The Will of D."
GnomeKiller wrote:
> Oh.... come on. There's always room for turn-based combat. Look at
> Advance wars and Golden Sun, both very good games.

You like GS too?
Sat 14/12/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Oh.... come on. There's always room for turn-based combat. Look at Advance wars and Golden Sun, both very good games.
Sat 14/12/02 at 17:22
Regular
I hate turn based combat so I'm not sure about Skies of Arcadia, though with all the praise it's received I may have to give it a go.

I'll take it back if it smells.
Sat 14/12/02 at 17:17
"The Will of D."
Even though it will be my first time playing Skie of Arcadia I think that it will be great, especially since it won't be going multi format with the PS2 anymore. (Thank you Sega!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.