GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flipping Annoying."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/02 at 16:14
Regular
Sorry for the harshness of the title, but my PS2 has just caused me to wreck one of my pads, i think. I was happily playing Pro Evo in a World Cup with England on its hardest setting. There i was in the final playing would you believe it, Germany in the final. 2-1 up with on the clock 10 minutes to go, which in real life is about 30 seconds. Anyway, im attacking on the wing and chip a superb cross in which Owen heads into the back of the net.....when the thing flaming crashes!

I sat there in horror. Id been playing this for 2 damn hours and had not even bothered to save it all way through. I waited a minute, just staring at the screen with Owen stuck in mid-air and Kahn frozen in a stretched position with the ball at the back of the net. Still nothing happened until the whole screen went blank and the damn CD draw opened.

2 hours work wasted!! Anger raged through me as i stood up and threw the pad to the floor...crack! And then thats what annoyed me even more, i think i wrecked the insides and now there is a dodgy sound when it rumbles. ARRrrrggg!

*rant over*
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:16
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I did that with my first pad once it started to spin, i think they would see it a little stranged happening again. Also i had to get my PS2 replaced so i think they have done enough for me at the moment.
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:56
Regular
You should just phone sony and tell then that something's wrong with it...say that the rubber on the top of the stick slips when you use it. My brother did that because that actually happened. And they dont even ask you to send it back :-) they just send you a new one.
Wed 20/02/02 at 11:00
Regular
Ah well, its in the bin now and im having to pay for another one if i want 4 pads again for my multitap. Im only going to get a cheap un-official one as its only for the 4 player games.

Oh, and i have now taken the neccesarry precautions before playing any game. In front of me will now lay a series of cusions so that if the same temper does come about again the inpact wont be quite as hard.

Who said games dont effect the mind!! :D
Wed 20/02/02 at 09:37
Pro Evo wrote:
> I actually opened it to see if i could fix it, but when i did all these pieces
> fell out, so its beyond any repair now. :D

Shame, because you may have been able to fix it had you not done that. I just get my dad to fix it, as he used to work as an electrician! Ironically enough, you could have just clogged up the controller with loads of dirt and fluff, but when you opened it, loads of dirt and fluff would have fallen out, so that philosophy has gone out the window.
Wed 20/02/02 at 03:20
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Shame you opened up the controller Evo. You coulda used it as your
> "throwing" controller for any repeat events. ;-)

bloody good idea *makes mental note*
Wed 20/02/02 at 01:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Shame you opened up the controller Evo. You coulda used it as your "throwing" controller for any repeat events. ;-)
Wed 20/02/02 at 01:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I remember M.Bison. That stupid Blue Oyster Bar reject.

Never had much trouble with him, just went in, slapped him like a little biatch and left his pounded body behind my back.

He was still an annoying freak though ! If there was ever a boss character that you just wanted something added into the game where you could carry on kicking him while he's down or slam your foot down on his smashed head in triumph, its Bison.
Tue 19/02/02 at 22:51
Regular
I actually opened it to see if i could fix it, but when i did all these pieces fell out, so its beyond any repair now. :D
Tue 19/02/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Touched!"
Go on mate give a quick throw...go on..go on! go on go on!...ok i'll stop now ;)
Tue 19/02/02 at 22:42
Regular
What!? Damage my favourite game, no chance!!!

Oh, and i have some bad news, my pad is wrecked, the thing wont even rumble now...wups.

Gona have to folk out £24 now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.