GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flipping Annoying."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/02 at 16:14
Regular
Sorry for the harshness of the title, but my PS2 has just caused me to wreck one of my pads, i think. I was happily playing Pro Evo in a World Cup with England on its hardest setting. There i was in the final playing would you believe it, Germany in the final. 2-1 up with on the clock 10 minutes to go, which in real life is about 30 seconds. Anyway, im attacking on the wing and chip a superb cross in which Owen heads into the back of the net.....when the thing flaming crashes!

I sat there in horror. Id been playing this for 2 damn hours and had not even bothered to save it all way through. I waited a minute, just staring at the screen with Owen stuck in mid-air and Kahn frozen in a stretched position with the ball at the back of the net. Still nothing happened until the whole screen went blank and the damn CD draw opened.

2 hours work wasted!! Anger raged through me as i stood up and threw the pad to the floor...crack! And then thats what annoyed me even more, i think i wrecked the insides and now there is a dodgy sound when it rumbles. ARRrrrggg!

*rant over*
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:14
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Sorry for the harshness of the title, but my PS2 has just caused me to wreck one of my pads, i think. I was happily playing Pro Evo in a World Cup with England on its hardest setting. There i was in the final playing would you believe it, Germany in the final. 2-1 up with on the clock 10 minutes to go, which in real life is about 30 seconds. Anyway, im attacking on the wing and chip a superb cross in which Owen heads into the back of the net.....when the thing flaming crashes!

I sat there in horror. Id been playing this for 2 damn hours and had not even bothered to save it all way through. I waited a minute, just staring at the screen with Owen stuck in mid-air and Kahn frozen in a stretched position with the ball at the back of the net. Still nothing happened until the whole screen went blank and the damn CD draw opened.

2 hours work wasted!! Anger raged through me as i stood up and threw the pad to the floor...crack! And then thats what annoyed me even more, i think i wrecked the insides and now there is a dodgy sound when it rumbles. ARRrrrggg!

*rant over*
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:19
Regular
LOL, Sorry but its funny :)

I used to do this all time on Sensible world of soccer on the Amiga. Used to go through a couple of joysticks each month !

Anyway, why do we always do this? Carry on playing without saving? Its flippin stupid innit? I seem to be doing it alot on Championship Manager recently, bloody lost two months worth yesterday. I'm an idiot...

My PS2 has never crashed mind...
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Oh dear (snigger !) - same things happened to me in the past with the Psone though and playing different games - one of the most frustrating was Tony Hawks 2 when your pulling combo after combo and you finish 5 points behind your record and your thumbs hurt, controller crashes to the ground and the analogue stick breaks, hey ho - lesson for you ma boy - save save save......
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:21
Regular
"360: swfcman"
lol, i see the funny side of it now. Its the first time my PS2 has crashed since i got it too, might be because my brother was on it a while before me aswell though, kinda over worked it.

Anyway, im going to be sure to save more often now!
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:49
Bizarrely, mine only crashes when my wife has a go on it. :0
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Dont let her go on it then !!
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Ah the perfectly timed crash :) thats a clisic along with the annoying frustration i used to get when trying to beat M bison on street fighter 2 turbo, i'd have a full life bar and m bison would have a life bar so small you can just see it and then at the last second all he needs is one hit, but he somehow manages to pull of a 25 hit combo out of no where using moves that would break your thumb if you tried, thats how my pad got a chunk taken out of it.
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:59
Regular
Hell yeah, M.Bison was a frickin B!tch! It best of three innit. And I always used to Whip him in the first round, then in the next two he always used to come out and completly destroy me! Hated that damn geezer! And especially hate his stupid cape!
Tue 19/02/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
My PS2 pad's are like baby's rattles. They make rattling noises. I think it's because of the same thing - people keep dropping it on the floor, which flipping annoys ME!
Tue 19/02/02 at 19:54
Is it really fair to blame the console for your frustration? If anything, blame the game, which in this instance is Pro Evo. I say grab it and treat it like a frisby.

a) Throw it to dog, who will slobber over it, before handing it back to you, nice and wet!
b) Throw it high, and when it comes back down, it should smash. If it doesn't throw it to a hard object, so you have the satisfaction of watching it shatter into a million pieces.
c) After some vast prompting from your parents, vacuum the bits of the disc up.

Maybe that's going too far, but some people will do it when they're frustrated. I get very angry with games a lot, and I just grab my hair and pull it. It's really effective, but I think I should get a stress ball instead. I'm not too keen on self-mutilation, if you catch my drift...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.