GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the N64 really dead?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/02 at 13:55
Regular
My new poem:

Get your guns men we're having a fight
Don't stop firing until victory burns bright
Defend it until you die! Defend it until you die!
Good graphics:who cares Fast animation: whatever
N64 always rules!
Wed 20/02/02 at 02:49
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Its in that position now that all dying consoles face. Pushed to the back of
> shops, only half its original selection of accessories left on the shelf. Just
> one colour of Joypad, maybe 2 if your lucky. A few crappy third party
> accessories. A bunch of games, most of them second hand trade ins. Alone it
> sits on console death row.

Occasionally a small child will wonder into the
> section and look at the colourful boxes containing the games which once
> entertained so many.

Suddenly the childs Dad will emerge from the crowd in
> the other 3 quarters of the shop and say "Timmy ! Come over here ! We're
> going to buy one of these consoles ! Look at the new ones Timmy ! Don't stand
> there you'll get your hands covered in dust !"

Timmy runs off to his Dad
> and the console is alone again, with only memories of all the press conferences
> about how great he was with all his new innovative technology to keep him
> company.....

Maybe, just maybe, someone will come into the shop and pick him
> up without laughing. Maybe they will take him upto the counter and give him a
> warm home and let him show he can still entertain.

Until that inevitable
> day the storage room door opens and he is sent to console heaven, he sits on
> that back shelf, waiting in hope for someone who can find it in their heart to
> make room for him. Day by day, his view of the crowd disappears as the
> unforgiving dust settles...

This is so sad it made me cry as it happens everytime i look at dreamcast stuff, although i have the last laugh, fighting vipers 2 for a tenner and F355 for £12 bargins.

i'll never let my DC die nor my PS2 when it's day comes, i still have my Snes to :)
Wed 20/02/02 at 02:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its in that position now that all dying consoles face. Pushed to the back of shops, only half its original selection of accessories left on the shelf. Just one colour of Joypad, maybe 2 if your lucky. A few crappy third party accessories. A bunch of games, most of them second hand trade ins. Alone it sits on console death row.

Occasionally a small child will wonder into the section and look at the colourful boxes containing the games which once entertained so many.

Suddenly the childs Dad will emerge from the crowd in the other 3 quarters of the shop and say "Timmy ! Come over here ! We're going to buy one of these consoles ! Look at the new ones Timmy ! Don't stand there you'll get your hands covered in dust !"

Timmy runs off to his Dad and the console is alone again, with only memories of all the press conferences about how great he was with all his new innovative technology to keep him company.....

Maybe, just maybe, someone will come into the shop and pick him up without laughing. Maybe they will take him upto the counter and give him a warm home and let him show he can still entertain.

Until that inevitable day the storage room door opens and he is sent to console heaven, he sits on that back shelf, waiting in hope for someone who can find it in their heart to make room for him. Day by day, his view of the crowd disappears as the unforgiving dust settles...
Tue 19/02/02 at 22:25
Regular
Is the N64 dead? Sadly it is as i shot it...

in a real note yes it is but not over here quite yet.
Tue 19/02/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
RM18 wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that retailers don't seem to have sold off their stock
> cheaply. I have been waiting to pick some games up on the cheap as the N64 makes
> its way out but the games just seem to have disappeared. Plus the ones that are
> there are £40. Why? No-one's going to buy it at that price
Sad but true I have an N64 and the games are not cheap and the EB where I live don't have any games under the price £40 I would if I was getting and game would be get on second hand because there is nothing wrong with them.
Secondhand is bad if you are buying a CD game meaning PSone,Ps2,PC etc because the game are always scrathes.

Coley.
Tue 19/02/02 at 19:37
""Meth""
Is the N64 dead?!!!!!!

I didn't know it was alive, mate.
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:18
Regular
Has anyone noticed that retailers don't seem to have sold off their stock cheaply. I have been waiting to pick some games up on the cheap as the N64 makes its way out but the games just seem to have disappeared. Plus the ones that are there are £40. Why? No-one's going to buy it at that price?
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:12
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I'm trying to keep mine alive for as long as I can be bothered, with the 20-30 games which I have for it, but some of them are for sale if you want any!
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:08
Regular
yeh it is dead take a look in the special reserve magazine there are 6 games in there.
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:08
Regular
It's dead in the industry, but there will always be a place under my tv for the good 'ol N64
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:05
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
The N64 ISN'T dead!

Well, moine isn't. It still plays games happily!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.