GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Start trying to complete your games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/12/02 at 11:27
Regular
When a lot of gamers get a new game the first thing they do is rush to find some cheats for it. So what is the point of getting the game if your not going to play it and cheat ? I for one think that gamers should attempt to complete their games and if it is to hard then go and find some cheats. Does anyone agree with me?
Sat 14/12/02 at 11:27
Regular
When a lot of gamers get a new game the first thing they do is rush to find some cheats for it. So what is the point of getting the game if your not going to play it and cheat ? I for one think that gamers should attempt to complete their games and if it is to hard then go and find some cheats. Does anyone agree with me?
Sat 14/12/02 at 11:32
Regular
"keep your receipt"
the problem I have is that recently on the gamecube too many good games have come out close to each other. I bought Tony Hawks 3, got Smash Bros Melee and stopped playing TH, Bought Resident Evil and stopped playing Melee, Bought Mario Sunshine and stopped playing Resident Evil.
Sat 14/12/02 at 11:36
Regular
i try to do as much as possible, but if you cant do it then sometimes cheats, or walkthroughs need to be used!

as for buying too many games i understand exactly what you mean!!

int he last monthor so i have bought:

Metroid Prime
Dead to Rights
MK: Deadly Alliance
Animal Crossing
Monkeyball 2
TS2

and about 2 or 3 more that i cant think of now!
lol

so far i am only about 11% of metroid prime, i have completed monkeyball 2, im on level 8/14 on Dead to rights and ive done MK with almost all available characters that you start with.
Animal Crossing is coming on nicely, but as a game that you cant coplete i only play it when i have nothing else to do
TS2 took me about 6 hours to complete first time round, and after that i cant be bothered with it
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:21
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cheating is for losers. Walkthroughs are for losers (Unless you write them- of course) When I play a game, I get the most satisfaction oout of it because I completed it fully, without any help from anyone, and I will want to play again. If I had cheated, however, I would be tempted to not play again, without a doubt.
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:29
"Uzi Lover"
The only game you will never need a walkthrough for or any cheats is Starfox Adventures ;-)
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:31
Regular
Walkthroughs and cheats do suck though there are times when you have to look at walkthroughs, Jedi knight 2 is a fine example, on some of the early levels you have to do stupidly illogical things to progress so I found myself having a quick ganda at them just to get the jist of where I had to go.

Though I never use cheats until i've completed the game.
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:31
Regular
"Australian Person."
Your going to get banned.
Here's a tip. Watch your language!
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:34
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Well i play games for fun, and if there's something i can't do, and it loses it's fun, i use a cheat to skip it, or make it easier, just to bring back the fun.
Some people use cheats, some don't, it's that simple.
If you're watching a movie, and it gets really boring, do you just sit through it(And i mean REALLY BORING!). No you fast-forward to some action, a sex scene or some guy getting his head blown off.(that last one has no reference to the sex scenes).
It's like that in a game too.
Cheats can make games soo much more enjoyable
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:34
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> The only game you will never need a walkthrough for or any cheats is
> Starfox Adventures ;-)

True, you get bored after a couple of hours and never play the game again.
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
WebDVDuk wrote:
> so youve never used a walkthrough or cheat to get further in your life
> ever??
>
> bu******!

That's your opinion, and you are wrong. Very wrong. Oh, wait, once used a walkthrough on Glover, so I could finish it and flog it off! Worst game ever!

Apart from that, no.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.