GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni Bound"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/07 at 18:03
Regular
"Lucky Me"
Well my daughter leaves for Uni in Middlesbrough on Friday, three hard years of slog, with the occasional beer, party and wild night thrown in for good measure.

Ahhhh Remember it well except mine was three hard years of Beer, Parties, wild nights out with the occasional lecture lol

Lucky1
Thu 13/09/07 at 22:07
Regular
"the j-man"
Lucky1 wrote:
> Well my daughter leaves for Uni in Middlesbrough on Friday, three
> hard years of slog, with the occasional beer, party and wild
> night thrown in for good measure.

don't forget the SEX, a different guy every night
Thu 13/09/07 at 15:14
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I'm only on a 2-year course, but it could be over and done with in 6 months if it was structured properly and full-time.

For the first year, I paid £3,000 tuition fees, then they realised about halfway through that I'm only on part-time, so they halved it because £3,000 is for full-time. Then, later on, they realised that my course wasn't actually intensive enough for that, so I only had to pay something like £325. It's nice getting a refund of £2,700. :-) Either way, I'm still paying for my education and they ballsed it up.

To get a half-decent job though, you have to pay for half-decent education, so :-P

When my dad took the dog for walks around the UEA, it was the hottest part of the summer, when everyone else was getting flooded. XD And he used to let the dog swim in the UEA Broad, as it's called. Hope she doesn't fall ill now. :-(
Thu 13/09/07 at 13:54
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Twain wrote:
> If we didn't pay our tuition fees, the Government wouldn't be
> able to afford your unemployment benefit!

Heres a better one for you.. ;)
If I didnt work and pay tax, the government wouldnt be able to afford to subsidise your 3 year party....I mean education. ;)
Thu 13/09/07 at 12:29
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Yeah, apparently Trisha Goddard has been spotted jogging around the grounds; and her dog may have died after having a swim in the lake. I've been advised not to, even for a drunken bet (Yes, by a student, when I went to an open day) as I "Will get ringworm".

I'm going for a Joint Honours degree in History and Politics, basically because the two link together quite well, and were the only A-Level subjects I was really any good at!
Thu 13/09/07 at 11:28
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Garin wrote:
> I've said it before and I'll say it again....
>
> Bloody students.
>
>
>
> :P

If we didn't pay our tuition fees, the Government wouldn't be able to afford your unemployment benefit!

El Viking wrote:
> UEA, although my mum keeps referring to it as UAE.
> I don't think there's much sand, oil or camels in Norwich though...

So what are you studying then? Back when my mum was frequently going to hospital for cancer treatment, my dad used to take her to the hospital, with the dog in the back of the car. He'd drop mum off at the hopsital, then go and park where he didn't have to pay for parking, and whilst he was there, he'd walk the dog around the UEA grounds. It is open to the public. ;-)

So if you ever go outside to have lunch, it's not my fault if you put your food down in ... something ...
Thu 13/09/07 at 11:16
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Twain wrote:
> Really? Where are you going? UEA or CCN?

UEA, although my mum keeps referring to it as UAE. I don't think there's much sand, oil or camels in Norwich though...
Thu 13/09/07 at 10:16
Regular
"you've got a beard"
his_tinkerbell wrote:
> I agree. Just finished my first year at Essex. Its been one HUGE
> party. Its been amazing. Best experiences, friends, moments and
> decision of my lfe. If I could do it again, I'd do it exactly
> the same...

aww, see, i missed out on this side of uni life entirely.
maybe it`s because i went when i was a bit older, maybe it`s because i cared more about getting good results, or maybe i thought the rest of the people there were tools (which was no doubt reciprocated :D )

probably a combination of all 3!
Thu 13/09/07 at 02:32
Regular
"Colourless"
Going in to my second year at Nottingham. Not forward to actually starting to work next year. And moving into a house should be interesting... First year was great though - one of my friends has managed to get a move into a better uni and redo first year there. Jealous.
Thu 13/09/07 at 01:59
Regular
Thats harsh meanie!

Nahh im just joking...its true = p
Thu 13/09/07 at 01:54
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

Bloody students.

:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.