GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why is the heart associated with love?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/07/12 at 15:43
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm very puzzled about this. Why do people always refer to your heart in reference to love? I only think of it as a functional organ that pumps blood around the body. I can't see any relation between love and a heart. The typical heart symbol is not the same as an actual heart shape which is odd on it's own. The heart is nothing more than a functional organ. What does it have to do with love?
Fri 20/07/12 at 16:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sonic Chris wrote:
I'm very puzzled about this. Why do people always refer to your heart in reference to love? I only think of it as a functional organ that pumps blood around the body. I can't see any relation between love and a heart. The typical heart symbol is not the same as an actual heart shape which is odd on it's own. The heart is nothing more than a functional organ. What does it have to do with love?

It's a by-product of old-age, pre-biology thinking. It used to be assumed that the heart was the controlling part of the body because there is no life without it, and when they found it reacts to being with the person you love, it all just got paired together. The heart myth has survived because it's a far more romantic notion than brain chemistry.
Fri 20/07/12 at 16:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Giving someone your last Rolo?
Fri 20/07/12 at 15:43
Regular
"How Ironic"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.