GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why is the heart associated with love?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/07/12 at 15:43
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm very puzzled about this. Why do people always refer to your heart in reference to love? I only think of it as a functional organ that pumps blood around the body. I can't see any relation between love and a heart. The typical heart symbol is not the same as an actual heart shape which is odd on it's own. The heart is nothing more than a functional organ. What does it have to do with love?
Sun 05/08/12 at 12:42
"Retarded List"
Also, to answer the original question, I believe it is due to love being for girls, and girls have hearts as opposed to bionic nanojuice pumps
Sun 05/08/12 at 12:34
"Retarded List"
If you mean that as the proper noun for the cheek, as you undoubtedly do, I believe you should consult a mortician
Fri 20/07/12 at 22:27
"possibly impossible"
But I can't really see poets writing about their aching spleen or broken kidney.

hmm...let me think...

The doctor's poem:

My panceas is aching,
my spinal cord is bent,
my salty ductal fluid
from my eyes is almost spent.

My spleen is broken,
torn in two,
my liver is a mess.
It's no surprise to find
there is an aching in my chest.

My body baffles doctors all
from here to Timbuktu,
Because, you see,
my organs know
I am in love with you.

Don't blame me if it doesn't scan, it just came out of my brain like that.
Fri 20/07/12 at 20:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
I can't see any relation between love and a heart. What does it have to do with love?

Put chas and his fixation with Rolos and Nin with his females bending over, even though that's brilliant imagery, to one side ...

No matter what happens, giving your 'heart' is viewed as being the ultimate sacrifice, the one thing that will totally end your life - the ultimate sacrifice.

So, giving your heart i.e. within the context of love, is synonymous with the ultimate sacrifice - it's up there with devotion, companionship and 'through thick and thin' and forever. You are pledging your 'life' to someone else who you hope feels the same!

... At this point, your question SC, hits the skids :¬)

But that's life and hearts and teddy bears and livers and kidneys too ;¬)
Fri 20/07/12 at 18:31
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
That's what I mean. If a teddy bear actually carried a realistic heart, it wouldn't be appealing. As Nin says, it's more of a bent over rear end than a heart shape. You could easily change the symbol to a liver or lung and just change the shape to look appealing, because that's how it is at the moment.

Don't read too much into it, i think might well be the answer here. Question the heart, and you have to question why "bears are so cute" when really they'll rip yer arms off..

Don't think that's too romantic either!

@Sonic Chris, I'm right behind you. If you want to go into competition with Clinton Cards and produce your own range of "Romantic Spleen" imagery, I'll try one out on the Missus, give you some feedback:-)
Fri 20/07/12 at 18:22
Regular
"How Ironic"
That's what I mean. If a teddy bear actually carried a realistic heart, it wouldn't be appealing. As Nin says, it's more of a bent over rear end than a heart shape. You could easily change the symbol to a liver or lung and just change the shape to look appealing, because that's how it is at the moment.
Fri 20/07/12 at 18:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
chasfh wrote:
Plus, a picture of two pounds of raw liver or an exposed brain stem doesn't quite have the same appeal as a teddy bear carrying a giant heart shape when it comes to Valentine's day cards:-)

It's not even a heart-shape. It's the shape of the female ass bending over.

Damn my girlfriend, it's a**e, not ass. She's giving me bad habits.
Fri 20/07/12 at 18:08
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
Or a Rolo

It seems that every thread on this forum ends up having some mention of food or sweets... Except where there's any reference to Cookies..

Doesn't that seem odd to anyone?:-)

@DL.. Do you have shares in a Rolo factory?
Fri 20/07/12 at 18:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Or a Rolo or Jelly Babies

(sorry chas, forgot) ;¬)
Fri 20/07/12 at 18:01
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Nin wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:
[i]I'm very puzzled about this. Why do people always refer to your heart in reference to love? I only think of it as a functional organ that pumps blood around the body. I can't see any relation between love and a heart. The typical heart symbol is not the same as an actual heart shape which is odd on it's own. The heart is nothing more than a functional organ. What does it have to do with love?

It's a by-product of old-age, pre-biology thinking. It used to be assumed that the heart was the controlling part of the body because there is no life without it, and when they found it reacts to being with the person you love, it all just got paired together. The heart myth has survived because it's a far more romantic notion than brain chemistry.[/i]

Plus, a picture of two pounds of raw liver or an exposed brain stem doesn't quite have the same appeal as a teddy bear carrying a giant heart shape when it comes to Valentine's day cards:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.