GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DOA2 - is it worth £30?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 10:18
Regular
I've been thinking of getting a beat em up.....DOA2 looks great, is it?
Wed 20/02/02 at 09:59
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Just looked on the SR site - nor release date showing yet but they are selling it for 34.99 (GC version 39.99!). Will be well worth the money
Wed 20/02/02 at 09:56
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Any idea when it's due out ?
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Whatever!"
Who needs Dead or Alive 3 when you have that sort of quality!!
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Whatever!"
Soul Calibur 2 is coming out for PS2 - Its been confirmed!!
Going to be an awesome year for beat em ups with Tekken 4 and Virtua Fighter 4 also on the way!!
Tue 19/02/02 at 14:38
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Ok then but what about Soul Blade / Soul Caliber ? I've had both of these - still got Caliber on the DC and it's easily the best best em up i have played - Any news on wether the sequel will be coming to PS2 ?
Mon 18/02/02 at 23:01
Regular
"Touched!"
I had DOA2 for my ps2 but ended up trading it in, for me when i have done a beat-em up i never usually go back to it, but if you are into them you will enjoy it, visually its great in certain areas ;)
Mon 18/02/02 at 22:52
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yes it is a very good offer at £20. I will be picking this up in my local games shop together with Final Fntasy 6 on March 1st.

In my opinion Dead or Alive series is a really serious challenger to Tekken and Virtua Fighter. Even though Tekken and VF may have a superior number of characters and game modes, DOA is a great game to keep you occupied for ages. Its way better than Tekken Tag and with features such as the destructible scenery it is a great fighting game...
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Is there a whole platinum range starting on March 1st then?

If so, what is in it?

Oh and by the way, I got DOA2 for the DC for 20 quid early last year. It isn't bad but it is nothing on Soul Calibur and it really doesn't have enough depth. There just aren't enough moves. The arenas are quality though. I dunno if it's worth buying. Perhaps if there are more extras on the PS2 version then maybe, and I think there are.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:26
Regular
"Whatever!"
Its a steal at £20!! Its a brilliant game although rather short but well worth getting!!
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:46
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Wait for Virtua Fighter 4, but DOA2 is still a class title.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.