GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£300 please, ah you want to play DVD's sir, that an extra £30"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 09:22
Regular
I think that it's damn right dirty of a games manufactures to charge more money for the buyer to use features or games on there console.
Mon 18/02/02 at 09:22
Regular
"I confused?"
I think that it's damn right dirty of a games manufactures to charge more money for the buyer to use features or games on there console.
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think it's fair. But I'd have liked to have seen a PS2 released at £199 at launch as well as the normal £299 verion but without the DVD option rather than have the DVD feature straight out of the box so to speak.

XBox offers this.

Sony are rumoured to be considering a basic PS3 for playing games only and a souped up all dancing all singing PS3 with all the browser, broadband, and bangles when it comes to launch time around 2005/6.
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:16
Regular
"everyone says it"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I think it's fair. But I'd have liked to have seen a PS2 released at £199
> at launch as well as the normal £299 verion but without the DVD option
> rather than have the DVD feature straight out of the box so to speak.

XBox
> offers this.

XBox offers that, just it offers crap gaming as well, everyone buy a GameCube and then also purchase a decent DVD player for 140 quid. Good. What level is HawkWynde now then FM? 39?
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
We went to town because HMV had an X-Box in, and it had crashed. We went to their website to moan about it, and the site crashed too.

ho ho ho!
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:30
Regular
lol the HMV in Chelmsford hasn't got an XBOX but when it does have a console in you can't play it.
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The one at our local Comet has crashed too....
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:42
Regular
Just a point about the DVD Kit.

You fo get a remote with it, so it aint actually that bad. The official Sony Remote costs around the same dont it?
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:45
Regular
Damn Dirt Sony for charging me £25 for a MEMORY CARD!

Charging me for something that I actually need, gits!
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I think you've missed the point, somewhat. Rather than put the price up, Microsoft decided that only people who wanted to pay for the luxury of DVDs should do so. Many people already have DVD players and PS2s, so if you don't want to use it to watch DVDs, you don't have to pay for it.
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:54
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> Damn Dirt Sony for charging me £25 for a MEMORY CARD!

That's okay - Microsoft will charge you £50 for the same!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.