GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just a minute please."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 22:23
Regular
I have posted something that may be of interest to us Sony posters in here, its about spliting the forum into a chat and disscusion forum. this is because the place has a lot of members now and there has started to be a fair bit of chat, anyway if you go to the SR Site Bugs and Customer Service forum and look for the Sony Split topic you will see the post there.

Oh, and im not calling anyone spammers so dont go shouting at me.
Mon 18/02/02 at 12:14
Regular
I think that the confusion has arisen over the name of FoG Chat.

Some people seem to think it has something to do with FoG. I think that if it was re-named to something like General Chat, or General Discussion or something like that, then it would be be obvious for all what it is for.

I also think that you should remove the ban on newbies starting threads in Prime.

Now we have the chat forum, they shouldn't spam up Prime. It must be amazingly annoying for newbies to write a good post, then to be *forced* into posting it in Chat, and to then see it disappear under threads and threads of chit-chat.

I would propose to allow newbies to start threads in Prime, then rename FoG Chat to General Chat or something, and see how that goes.

If the Sony forum is then still as bad after a trail period, then give it it's own Chat addition.
Mon 18/02/02 at 12:09
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> Also, if it's console specific chat, Wookiee, then it should be in
> here, as it's to do with the console.

Yes, but general PS2 chat would be more suited in a Sony Chat area, rather than mixed with serious discussions - just like SR did with FoG.

After FoG, this is by far the biggest forum, and just like FoG it can become impossible to keep track of the more serious or interesting threads.

We're not after special treatment - just a logical division. If any of the other forums get as large, then they will probably need the same split.
Mon 18/02/02 at 12:05
"High polygon count"
Jive wrote:
> Do you think SR should put a ban on X-Box related topics in this
> forum?

Depends on the content, really - if it's a discussion about Xbox in relation to PS2, then it can be here, IMHO - but should also be posted in the Xbox forum. It's okay people saying "Well, no-one replies in the Xbox forum", but if such topics aren't posted there then no wonder there's no participation!

If it's just a general post about Xbox then it really shouldn't be here at all, and anything cross-platform should really be in FoG Prime.
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:59
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
Because this place too has lots of chat and its hard to find the discussion pages.

But if that CHAT went in the CHAT forum, then it would be ok.

Also, if it's console specific chat, Wookiee, then it should be in here, as it's to do with the console.
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:56
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yes iv'e been there and added my piece
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:56
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Do you think SR should put a ban on X-Box related topics in this forum?

Wookiee, you just summed up the FOG forum with "shouldn't this be in the....." statement, never see us do that in here though do we.
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:54
Regular
"360: swfcman"
nh wrote:
> Come on then SR - sort it out ..

Its posted in the SR Site Bugs and Customer Service forum too, just waiting for a reply from them.
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:53
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Come on then SR - sort it out ..
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:50
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> Why?
> We already have a chat forum, go and chat in there.

But several people here like to chat generally about PS2, and they know the people here.

General console-specific chat in FoG usually gets greeted with comments like "this should be in the PS2/Nintendo/Xbox forum", so... :-)
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:48
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Because this place too has lots of chat and its hard to find the discussion pages.

It aint asking alot is it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.