GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheats - who needs them?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 19:06
Regular
I think that cheats ruin a game. When you buy a game, you buy it so you can play it and enjoy it. But what's the point of buying a game and then when you get stuck on a level or you run out of ammo etc. you put on a cheat and automatically go on to the next level. I would keep on trying till you do it, which makes the game much more exicting.

I think cheats are okay once you've completed the game fully, and the replay value has gone, to put on the cheats and muck about.

What do you think?
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:25
Regular
On Codejunkies, the site for the Action Replay and Equaliser cheat carts, we keep telling those who use the carts not to use them to get past things, but to enhance the game once completed.

Not that anyone takes a blid bit of notice....
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:23
Regular
I agree. I started using cheats for Doom on PC ages ago and it just took all the enjoyment and tension away
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
Depends what the cheats are for. If they are for unlimited weapons or health then you are just ruining the game for yourself. But if they are cheats that add to the game like different vehicles that cannot be unlocked or like the rioting people in GTA3 then these just add to the gameplay.
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
I know but I'm just saying that I don't think cheats should be used during the game.
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:20
Regular
You're right though, cheats ruin games. It's like buying a film and then fastforwarding to the ending.
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Cheats? Who needs them?"

"Special Reserve! They give away games everyday for them!"
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:17
Regular
I think it's alright to use cheats in those situation.But, I wouldn't use cheats before completing a game.
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:09
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I personally never use cheats unless i have finished a game, however i remember on one game where my memory card was wiped and i lost all my saves, i then used some cheats to get back to the level i was on so not to have to play through it all again.
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:06
Regular
I think that cheats ruin a game. When you buy a game, you buy it so you can play it and enjoy it. But what's the point of buying a game and then when you get stuck on a level or you run out of ammo etc. you put on a cheat and automatically go on to the next level. I would keep on trying till you do it, which makes the game much more exicting.

I think cheats are okay once you've completed the game fully, and the replay value has gone, to put on the cheats and muck about.

What do you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.