GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problems with header - looks rubbish after upload"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/12 at 18:10
Regular
Hi,

I changed my header image recently and have since had a problem with it looking completely rubbish. I have always uploaded PNG files as I've found the colour saturation and contrast is retained when it is often lost in jpegs and other file types. Now, however, even this isn't the case. I left it for a while to see if it had anything to do with the image needing to be moderated/approved but it's just the same...a bland version of what it should be.

All images upload and show faithfully elsewhere in the body content of the site.

Some particulars in case it matters:

1. I prefer to upload png files
2. I use Firefox for a browser on a macbook
3. I don't upload a logo on top of the header image.

Any help/fix would be much appreciated....

cheers
Thu 17/05/12 at 11:08
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello wondercloak,

Could you please try uploading your banner image again for me and let me know whether the result is any better?
Thu 17/05/12 at 09:17
"Are you sure?"
Hi - nice website!

I can only guess that InstantPro is perhaps compressing your header image. The InstantPro header is 'special' as users have reported issues with animated GIFs in the past so it does behave differently than the main page body.

Compare the image file size (right hand click in browser) of the website version to your original to see it it's been reduced.

If that's happening perhaps a staffie will be able to say if there's a way round that.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Wed 16/05/12 at 22:38
Regular
Hi.

Thanks for the reply. My website is:

http://www.conservationphotojournalism.com/

It's an instant pro site.

And yes, the image is 702 pixels in width, as specified on the upload screen in the instructions.

You can see the difference in clarity between the header and the images below (all PNGs too).

Looking forward to some superior knowledge pointing me in the right direction to address this.

Thanks
Wed 16/05/12 at 20:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi wondercloak and welcome to the Forums.

A URL would be helpful, to be able to see the problem that you describe :¬) and is this Instant Pro we are dealing with? Are you image size settings correct in your code?
Wed 16/05/12 at 18:10
Regular
Hi,

I changed my header image recently and have since had a problem with it looking completely rubbish. I have always uploaded PNG files as I've found the colour saturation and contrast is retained when it is often lost in jpegs and other file types. Now, however, even this isn't the case. I left it for a while to see if it had anything to do with the image needing to be moderated/approved but it's just the same...a bland version of what it should be.

All images upload and show faithfully elsewhere in the body content of the site.

Some particulars in case it matters:

1. I prefer to upload png files
2. I use Firefox for a browser on a macbook
3. I don't upload a logo on top of the header image.

Any help/fix would be much appreciated....

cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.