GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Region Free"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 21:23
Regular
Hi,

Is this product any good? Seems that u dont need a dedicated memory card as u do for DVD Region X.

Also, do u need to swap discs?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:23
Hi,

Is this product any good? Seems that u dont need a dedicated memory card as u do for DVD Region X.

Also, do u need to swap discs?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:26
Regular
Yeh, does anyone know if its good? i nearly bourght region x but then read about it neading a memory card and changed my mind.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:29
"High polygon count"
Guys - DVD Region X does not require it's own dedicated memory card; you can use a card with other stuff on it.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:30
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You don't need a dedicated memory card for DVD Region X either. You just use your normal card. It only takes up a small space. I don't know what Region Free is like, but I would advice you buy the tried and tested product.

You could even buy AR2V2, that doesn't need a memory card, its a tenner more, but you get the cheats as well.

My advice? Stick to the Datel products as they are known to work well.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:32
Regular
Is the ps2 keyboard any good? because i want to write yabasic programs quicker.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:36
"High polygon count"
Do *not* buy the Datel keyboard if you want to use YABASIC, because it is not compatible.

I bought the keyboard for the very same reason, and it didn't work. Assuming I had a fautly keyboard, I exchanged it, and the new one didn't work either.

I e-mailed Datel and they confirmed to me that the keyboard does not work with YABASIC.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:41
Regular
oh well, thanks for the advice.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:41
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Just buy a cheap and simple USB keyboards. I bought one for £6 at a computer fair and it works perfectly.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:45
if i buy this region x can i purchas dvds form america and play them fine on my ps2.
Sat 16/02/02 at 21:50
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Yes

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.