GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX - Do you think it's going to sell?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 19:56
Regular
XBOX is one of them consoles which I and I'm sure many other people are not going to be sure about. So okay, we hear all these facts saying how good it is and that it's worth the money, but is it really. To be honest Mircosoft have spent a long time on the actual console it's self but have forgot about the games. They haven't thought of a really original idea for a game. Take Nintendo for example, they come up with games like Mario and Zelda and make them in to some of the best adventure games ever made, when XBOX have got Abe's Oddesey. Who's gonna want to buy that. Reply on what you think.
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:12
Regular
"round the outside"
I PREDICT METAL GEAR SOLID 2 (relese in europe)WILL EASILY OUT SELL THE X-BOX!...(it will wipe the floor with it!)
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:14
Regular
Nobuo wrote:
> Oh come on! How can you call Mario 'original'

The genre of the game may be
> different but the outcome is still the same. Jump on turtles in 2D, jump on
> turtles in 3D.. Hardly original

Yeah, but at least it came out before all the others on Playstation
Sun 17/02/02 at 21:33
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
AfroJoe wrote:
> PS2 dominates quite a bit more than 45% of the market.

It probably won't in a
> small while, after GC and XBox get a chance to catch up with it, but I'm sure it
> doesn't now.

Sorry, I didn't make my figures quite clear...

The market shares are for 5 years time... when the next gen are gonna come out.

sonic
Sun 17/02/02 at 21:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
PS2 dominates quite a bit more than 45% of the market.

It probably won't in a small while, after GC and XBox get a chance to catch up with it, but I'm sure it doesn't now.
Sun 17/02/02 at 21:14
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Genius boy wrote:
> I think you're right, RM18. Nintendo always try and bring out new and original
> games, while Playstation are bringing out the same old games.

Yes, but you miss the point! The reason the PS has such a big backing is because casual gamers actually PREFER realistic racers, and sequal after sequal of footy game.

They don't like original games-just look at sales figures! Rez, Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi will always do worse than Fifa 2003 2nd edition.

Sonic
Sun 17/02/02 at 21:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Errrr... Nintendo, Sony and MS all agree with industry analyts on these figures:

PS2: 45% of market
Xbox: 35%
GC: 20%

And that's the way sales are going- Xbox is beating GC in the US, and the PS2 is still dominant

sonicq
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:19
Regular
I think you're right, RM18. Nintendo always try and bring out new and original games, while Playstation are bringing out the same old games.
Sun 17/02/02 at 09:02
Regular
Nobuo wrote:
> Oh come on! How can you call Mario 'original'

The genre of the game may be
> different but the outcome is still the same. Jump on turtles in 2D, jump on
> turtles in 3D.. Hardly original

At least Nintendo always try to put an original slant on one of their franchises and not release mindles updates (Crash Bandicoot 9, anyone?)
Sun 17/02/02 at 08:07
Do you think it's going to sell?

Yes but I dot want one.
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:55
Oh come on! How can you call Mario 'original'

The genre of the game may be different but the outcome is still the same. Jump on turtles in 2D, jump on turtles in 3D.. Hardly original

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.