GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX - Do you think it's going to sell?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 19:56
Regular
XBOX is one of them consoles which I and I'm sure many other people are not going to be sure about. So okay, we hear all these facts saying how good it is and that it's worth the money, but is it really. To be honest Mircosoft have spent a long time on the actual console it's self but have forgot about the games. They haven't thought of a really original idea for a game. Take Nintendo for example, they come up with games like Mario and Zelda and make them in to some of the best adventure games ever made, when XBOX have got Abe's Oddesey. Who's gonna want to buy that. Reply on what you think.
Sat 16/02/02 at 19:56
Regular
XBOX is one of them consoles which I and I'm sure many other people are not going to be sure about. So okay, we hear all these facts saying how good it is and that it's worth the money, but is it really. To be honest Mircosoft have spent a long time on the actual console it's self but have forgot about the games. They haven't thought of a really original idea for a game. Take Nintendo for example, they come up with games like Mario and Zelda and make them in to some of the best adventure games ever made, when XBOX have got Abe's Oddesey. Who's gonna want to buy that. Reply on what you think.
Sat 16/02/02 at 19:59
It will sell alot but not as much as the GC.
Have you got MSN?
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:02
Regular
Yes, why?
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:04
Whats your contact?
Mines [email protected]
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:06
Regular
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:11
I couldn't add you on.
You have to have a hotmail adress.
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:12
Regular
Sorry, Mr Perfect I forgot u never made a mist8ke
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:39
Regular
And here's me worrying about people being friendly to newbies...

Lighten up Genius Boy, Little Hedgehog didn't insult you.

(These all sounds like Indian names.)

Yup.
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:42
I wasn't being mean,I was just telling you i couldn't add you.Unless its an insult.
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
From what I've seen on the X-Box games, its the same as pretty much any other consoles. You get a couple of decent titles at launch while the rest tend to be mediocre.
Just like other consoles it has plenty of other games in the pipeline.

As for being worth £300, yes its a lot but some people make it sound like its the first ever console to have this price tag slapped on it. Really its a better buy than other consoles that have had this price tag due to its hard drive that will hold plenty of game saves, etc.
PS2 has come down in price lately but for all those that want the PS2's hard drive, more money is going to have to be forked out, so people that have bought the console recently for cheaper are not gonna be saving much in the long run anyway. People like me that bought the PS2 for the full £300 will be paying even more. Yes the games are out now for it, but the X-Box's capabilities are better than the PS2's.

As for the Gamecube, this looks a good machine and its not a bad price either, but then thats been typical Nintendo in the past. Cheap system (with the exception of the N64), but the money is made on the software. Of course the Cubes games look like they're going to be around the same amount as the other competitors, but at the same time Nintendo have got a hard job to do. The N64 wasn't exactly a best seller despite having good games on it so a price like the one we've been told is pretty much a must if Nintendo are going to swing a lot of people in their favour.

When it comes to launch games though, I don't think I've ever bought a console at launch and wanted more than 2 or 3 games for it that have been bundled next to its release. Theres only 1 Cube title I'm desperate to have right now and thats Rogue Leader. But I look beyond the launch and there are titles such as Metroid and hopefully another F-Zero game that will be making an appearance - not to mention the Resident Evil series.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.