GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX - Do you think it's going to sell?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 19:56
Regular
XBOX is one of them consoles which I and I'm sure many other people are not going to be sure about. So okay, we hear all these facts saying how good it is and that it's worth the money, but is it really. To be honest Mircosoft have spent a long time on the actual console it's self but have forgot about the games. They haven't thought of a really original idea for a game. Take Nintendo for example, they come up with games like Mario and Zelda and make them in to some of the best adventure games ever made, when XBOX have got Abe's Oddesey. Who's gonna want to buy that. Reply on what you think.
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:55
Regular
"699 days!"
It will sel on the back of the marketing it has recieved, but I wish it wouldn't.
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:27
"High polygon count"
No, of course the Xbox won't sell. It'll be the biggest white elephant the console world have ever seen! Microsoft will waste millions of dollars trying to persuade people that it's worth having, but to no avail.

It will be a black hole for Gates' millions for the next 12 or 18 months, after which Xbox will fade and die, taking the entire Microsoft Corporation with it, ridding the world of Ultimate Nerd Bill Gates, and freeing computers the world over of half-baked Microsoft operating systems and software products.

Mark my words, for I have seen the future!
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:19
Regular
Halo looks tops but I'm sure that Rare can better it (even if we do have to wait a couple of years :-(!).

What looks REALLY great it how 4 Xbox's (each Xbox with 4 players) can be linked up using a special cable.
I'm hoping that Nintendo release a similar cable ready for the likes of Rogue Spear and Turok Evolution.

16 player games rule!
Tue 19/02/02 at 15:28
Regular
The Xbox might do better than I first thought. I saw Halo running today, and I want that game!!!!

It was fast, it was smooth, it was colourful, and most importantly, it looked like a fun game to play!!
Tue 19/02/02 at 15:22
you think that would'nt ya but no one know the future SO DON'T QUESTION UNCLE
Tue 19/02/02 at 10:14
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Errrr... Nintendo, Sony and MS all agree with industry analyts on these
> figures:

PS2: 45% of market
Xbox: 35%
GC: 20%

And that's the way sales
> are going- Xbox is beating GC in the US, and the PS2 is still
> dominant

sonicq

Isn't sonic supposed to support Dreamcast even though it's dead
Tue 19/02/02 at 10:12
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Nobuo wrote:
> Oh come on! How can you call Mario 'original'

The genre of the game may be
> different but the outcome is still the same. Jump on turtles in 2D, jump on
> turtles in 3D.. Hardly original

Yeah well Crash Bandicoot for PS1 get crystals , get crystals that about all he does and Sonic does nothing but be weird
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:47
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Someone was saying somthing about a special limited edition PS2/MGS2 bundle will
> come out a week after X-box launch. That could be quite a killer.

Especially if it retails at £199. God, Sony really know how to use market tactics
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:45
Regular
Someone was saying somthing about a special limited edition PS2/MGS2 bundle will come out a week after X-box launch. That could be quite a killer.
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:40
Regular
There are rumours that there is an MGS shortage already

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.