GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IGN is a piece of crap"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 15:35
Regular
Used to be the best for news, reviews, previews and guides.

Not now.

Piece of crap.

Ever other site gets the news first, and they put all of the best of the other stuff behind their subsription page.

I'm not paying extra to read reviews, or see more videos. No ta.
Sat 16/02/02 at 17:56
Regular
I want to read those hyrule Times things.
Sat 16/02/02 at 17:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
IGN is still one of the best sites out there for current exclusive news. It's just you've got to pay to see the best bits or wait a week to get them for free.

A general trend is that once people have had something for free, as soon as it goes pay to play or pay to view, they start calling it crap and slagging it off.

IGN's content is still the same for the free surfers, they just miss out on the exclusives for a while. If anything their content for subscribers has actually improved a great deal, which is why people still subscribe.
Sat 16/02/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
IGN use to be one of the best game related sites there was - However Ive been disappointed over the past year or so - Its gone down hill so much in my opinion!! Having to subscribe is absurd!! I much prefer Gamespot now!!
Sat 16/02/02 at 17:13
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yep, I was extremely annoyed to find all the SD3 news was in their stupid newsletter which I had to pay for.

Noooooo thanks.
Sat 16/02/02 at 15:49
Regular
"not dead"
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
> If all fails - go elsewhere. What is somewhere like gamespot or special reserve
> like for news?

That's the thing, every one else gets the news anyway.

Any other site lets you see it for free.

Who is stupid enough to pay for what's free anywhere else?

And Edgy, have you downloaded the video's from Nintendo's own site yet? They're not bad. The Star Fox one (Latest one) is excellent though, best looking game I've ever seen.
Sat 16/02/02 at 15:42
Regular
"Wasting away"
If all fails - go elsewhere. What is somewhere like gamespot or special reserve like for news? I don't bother looking, cos I ain't interested, but, when there are several billion web pages, you can pretty much guarentee that somewhere else out there is better.
Sat 16/02/02 at 15:40
Regular
I agree, I tried going on there to see if there were any decent SSBM clips to download, but I couldn't due to their new subscription service.
Sat 16/02/02 at 15:38
Regular
I really dont understand how they think they can charge people when you can get the news on a host of other sites all for free.

They did get an exclusive on the new Wrestlemania Game for Gamecube a while back, but it was on all the other sites within 24 hours.
Sat 16/02/02 at 15:35
Regular
"not dead"
Used to be the best for news, reviews, previews and guides.

Not now.

Piece of crap.

Ever other site gets the news first, and they put all of the best of the other stuff behind their subsription page.

I'm not paying extra to read reviews, or see more videos. No ta.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.