GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Edgy, and anyone interested, in here."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 15:11
Regular
Edgy has accused notables of bullying newbies.

I want names of notables, and I want proof, backing these statements up.

If I don't get these, I am going to work my backside off getting you banned. You do NOT accuse people of doing things they haven't done, wherever you are on Earth.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:12
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
>
I do remember that. A rare example
> of me not being a tool.
Cheers Styke, means a lot.

--

Ah, but being a tool rules. And it makes me laugh. Just carry on writing them, and I'll be smug. More than usual, that it.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
Do you remember my topic, "I Know Nothing About Gaming"??

Well, it's true. I don't really know what a polygon is, or a mega-game 360x chip, or whether the X-Box can produce better graphics because it has a 128but graphics card or anything! I know nothing technical about games, which is why my 'arguments' mainly consist of, "these games are great to play."

You don't need to know all the technology of gaming to be a 'good' gamer, if there is such a thing. Just play. It's all I do.
Mon 18/02/02 at 16:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Stryke wrote:
"Make it count" by
> Goatboy. I remember it because it was one of the first posts i ever read, and it
> came from the heart. I doubt he even remembers it, but I do.

I do remember that. A rare example of me not being a tool.
Cheers Styke, means a lot.
Mon 18/02/02 at 07:56
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
>

Now THAT is responsibility, not being a Notable.
Just hope I'm
> better at being a juror than I am being a golden boy

--

"Exhibit A: The defendants Limp Bizkit album.."

"GUILTY! GUILLLLTY!"

Excellent.
Mon 18/02/02 at 07:55
Regular
Bloody hell Dringo, most of the people here know nothing! The BORING people are the ones who natter on about Gekko whatever.

I'm the first to admit I know jack all about games outside of point and clicks. I'm not interested in the polygon rate. What I'm interested in is if I press this button will he jump? Good, let's get on with chatting mindlessly about nothing.

Shall I tell you the best topic I've read since I got here?

"Make it count" by Goatboy. I remember it because it was one of the first posts i ever read, and it came from the heart. I doubt he even remembers it, but I do. And, as I recall, it had nothing to do with games or movies. Excellent.

And thats why I come to the forums. For topics that matter, and make me think "Jesus, I can or can never understand that".

Erm, nu-metal sucks. Pikeys. Vote Grix.
Mon 18/02/02 at 03:10
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Goatboy wrote:
> I'm 28 and the idea of
> getting involved in a discussion about something like the benefits of religion
> with people that aren't old enough to remember when Thatcher came to power is
> not thrilling to me.

Are you implying that Thatcher is a deity?
:-)
Mon 18/02/02 at 01:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
Wow. I missed a hell of a topic here.

I have read through most of the replies, and Grix's comment about the forums 'dying' on us. Well that just hit the nail on the head shooting it through the pillar and hitting Sniper in the face on the other side...

..Yes, I am that bored.

Great topic though.
Mon 18/02/02 at 01:10
Regular
I don't no anything about the techno babbel i know Nintendo make the best games though :D
Mon 18/02/02 at 00:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dringo wrote:

So
> you admit it you know nothing! :D

---

Absolutely.
100% correct. That's why I dont post about stuff like polyongs, or go in the techy discussions.
I press button, game machine come on.
That's about it for my interest or knowledge about games.

I know what games I like (FPS, Strategy) and I know what games I dont (RPG).
Other than that, I know about music, movies and life.

And right now I'm off to sleep for I begin Jury Duty tomorrow and I need my sleep before I decide the fate of someone else.

Now THAT is responsibility, not being a Notable.
Just hope I'm better at being a juror than I am being a golden boy
Sun 17/02/02 at 23:55
Regular
Now you're doing it! Putting others down to make yourself look better.

You mook.

Come back Your Honour!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.