GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"o2 network email issue"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/04/12 at 12:00
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
I have been having an issue sending emails from Entourage when on an o2 network. In general I get the following error message

"An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic."

I have tried setting up the account on Thunderbird and get a similar error.

I can send via WebMail but for the long term this is not an acceptable solution.

According to Freeola support this is a known issue between o2 and Freeola. Is anyone else out using Freeola email on an o2 network? What has your experience been and if you had the same issue, do you have a solution to the issue?
Tue 24/04/12 at 09:07
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
@eccles

ok no problemo. thanks again to Freeola support for coming through on this.

If, as you say, this is a temporary problem, is there a chance settings will need to be changed again in the future, or can I assume that what I've done can be left for good?
Mon 23/04/12 at 22:58
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
webcity1 wrote:
@eccles did you mean you don't even want me to post the solution on this thread?

If you wouldn't mind. This has only affected a small number of customers so if the temporary work around is published for all to see then we'll have customers who aren't affected 'giving it a try' and then have more support calls when/if the work around is removed.
As it is, I've read that this problem may be resolved now.
Sun 22/04/12 at 09:27
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
I now have a working solution. yaaah!

@eccles did you mean you don't even want me to post the solution on this thread?

I really think a troubleshooting section in the email help+support could contain this info. There must be other customers trying to connect via o2 with this issue and their assumption may be that Freeola is at fault, which it seems to me is not the case

----------------------------------------------
Eccles wrote:
----------------------------------------------
Hi webcity1,

As per our support ticket reply, we are aware of some sort of routing issue between the O2/Be network and our SMTP/EmailPro servers.
We have been working on a workaround and you should get another ticket update soon.

----------------------------

We believe we have now managed to produce a workaround for this issue, and initial testing shows positive results.

Should any customers still be experiencing this issue we would ask that you submit a support ticket via https://secure.freeola.com/support/request/ , where we will be happy to provide instructions on how to implement the change.

We will be providing this workaround on an individual basis, and will not be making the information available on site or on forums. This is purely to avoid potential confusion for the vast majority of our users who are not affected by this issue.

We ask that any customers who are provided with instructions on how to use this workaround do not publish the details publically on these forums.[/i]
Sat 21/04/12 at 15:10
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
sorry for not replying earlier hmmm an dnot to seem ungrateful but that's not really what I meant. I was really looking for some way to be notified of thread updates - what you suggest is a sort of "polling" solution

I'm pretty sure phpBB has email subscribe/notify on threads built in.

Perhaps it's time for the Freeola forums to be ported to phpBB

=;-)

imagine my embarrassment if I find out it's already the case!

anyway this is seriously off the original topic, so I guess if we continue with it I should move to another topic
Fri 20/04/12 at 19:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I thought it was an extremely beneficial suggestion ... and it works:¬)
Fri 20/04/12 at 17:27
"Are you sure?"
webcity1 wrote:
on an aside - did you set up some way to subscribe to threads on this forum via email or am I mistaken. it would be handy to follow updates on particular threads (like this one)

------------------------

Hmmm... wrote:
Hi,
Nothing clever. All I do is have a link in my Bookmarks/Favs Toolbar taking me to various forums I like to visit regularly - so a single click shows me what's going on :¬)

Another way to keep track of your own posts would be to stick this link into your Bookmarks/Favs which allows you to easily look at all your own contributions :¬)

Did that make sense/help?
If you never reply to this post then I know the answer :¬P
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 19/04/12 at 23:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
webcity1 wrote:
oooh Eccles this is all very exciting and I feel soooo special =;-)

haven't got the email yet but thanks in advance - given previous experience of Freeola support I have every faith!

We stand trembling and waiting with baited breath :¬)
Thu 19/04/12 at 20:07
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
oooh Eccles this is all very exciting and I feel soooo special =;-)

haven't got the email yet but thanks in advance - given previous experience of Freeola support I have every faith!
Thu 19/04/12 at 19:59
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
--------------------------
Eccles wrote:
-------------------------
Hi webcity1,

As per our support ticket reply, we are aware of some sort of routing issue between the O2/Be network and our SMTP/EmailPro servers.
We have been working on a workaround and you should get another ticket update soon.

----------------------------

We believe we have now managed to produce a workaround for this issue, and initial testing shows positive results.

Should any customers still be experiencing this issue we would ask that you submit a support ticket via https://secure.freeola.com/support/request/ , where we will be happy to provide instructions on how to implement the change.

We will be providing this workaround on an individual basis, and will not be making the information available on site or on forums. This is purely to avoid potential confusion for the vast majority of our users who are not affected by this issue.

We ask that any customers who are provided with instructions on how to use this workaround do not publish the details publically on these forums.
Thu 19/04/12 at 18:24
"Are you sure?"
webcity1 wrote:
is it suggesting to use o2 outgoing server to send from a freeola email address.

Yep. If O2 alloy 'relay' it will work.

Another quick Google found this: How to configure your email to use O2's SMTP server

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.