GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube pad choice"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/02/02 at 17:37
Regular
If you had the choice between the official GameCube pad (colour doesn't matter) and the WaveBird wireless controller (again, colour doesn't matter), which would you choose and why???

Many of you will probably say the wireless as the wires cannot get tangled and so that more people can sit around you for a four player game, without pulling the leads out or pulling the console.
But surely you'd get a similar effect if you just brought a pair of cable-extenders?? That's what i'm gunna do, i'm not too sure about wireless pads??

So I won't go for the wireless pads, i'm sticking with the official ones. Maybe i'll import some to save money?? When I have money of course!

What would you choose between and why??
Fri 15/02/02 at 17:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If you had the choice between the official GameCube pad (colour doesn't matter) and the WaveBird wireless controller (again, colour doesn't matter), which would you choose and why???

Many of you will probably say the wireless as the wires cannot get tangled and so that more people can sit around you for a four player game, without pulling the leads out or pulling the console.
But surely you'd get a similar effect if you just brought a pair of cable-extenders?? That's what i'm gunna do, i'm not too sure about wireless pads??

So I won't go for the wireless pads, i'm sticking with the official ones. Maybe i'll import some to save money?? When I have money of course!

What would you choose between and why??
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:08
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
the wire less ones , because :
1) they are official
2) they look good
3) i hate cables
4) i dont mind not having a rumble feature
5) i will keep the non wireless ones aswell , so that i can play with wires again , or if i run out of batteries for the wireless ones , and have run out of replacement ones.
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:12
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would choose the official pads all the time quite simply because I dont trust third party products - Ever since I got an unofficial memory card for PSX and for some reason it deleted all my game saves and wouldnt work after!!
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:12
Regular
I dont think the Wave Bird is avalible at launch
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:13
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
the wireless ones ARE OFFICIAL ! they're not 3rd party.
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:15
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
it should be out pretty soon in japan , so it should come out maybe a month or so after the UK launch (maybe ???)
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Whatever!"
Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
> the wireless ones ARE OFFICIAL ! they're not 3rd party.

In that case I would choose the wireless one - More convenient!!
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Battery power's annother reason why I won't get a Wavebord pad. I've also never really used a wireless one before, and i've heard you have to keep them roughly in-line with the controllers sockets, or else it won't work??

I'll stick with 4 pads with leads, and maybe get some cable-extenders too. I tend to move the pad around quite a bit, especially in racers and fast paced games.

And Indian Dude Y2K, have you posted your GC pad review in the reviews section for the pad??
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
not yet , but thats a good idea , ill do it later on tonight , thanks sol'
Fri 15/02/02 at 20:11
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
wave bird because it has no cables! and i don't think it uses that much power.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.