GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've won the lottery!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/02/02 at 12:59
Regular
Not really. Wish I had though...

I'm not one of those muppets that say "I wouldnt let it change my life" and carry on going to work. It would definately change my life. I'd tell work where they can stick their PC and leave that day, to go home and play games.

Or would I?

The ideal setup has been done here before, with plasma screens and surround sound systems, and it's pretty obvious that anyone here would do it if they won. But if you were to win so much money, why settle for the game? 17 million squid would actually but you some real life gaming...

Do you A) play WRC at home or B) spend £200,000 on a Focus Cosworth, the same on a team, a bit more for some rally lessons and then enter a season?

Do you A) play Championship manager at home or B) buy out your local towns team and really manage them?

Do you a) play GTA3 at home or B) Grab a baseball bat, smack up a load of cars and people, and then pay your lawyer to get you off?

Well, probably not the last one, but you see what I mean.

When you go to the cinema, it's escapism. For 1 1/2 hours or so you are transported into another world. Gaming takes it that much further, letting you control the actions of the character you are playing, but in the end it's still a game, you're still sat at home in front of a telly, and your mother is still waiting for you to grow up and go outside and have a real life!

Well, given the opportunity of having a fat wad in your pocket, would you really sit in and play Gran Turismo on that massive home cinema for that "realistic experience"? Or would you go down the shops, come back with a Dodge Viper and really tear up the tracks?

Personally, I'll never give up gaming, whatever my mother says. No matter how much cash I had, I'd never be able to buy my way into Solid Snakes job, But I doubt I'd play GT3 anymore....

Slave.
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:44
Regular
Northern monkey.
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:42
Regular
"Not your monkey"
not entirely true - there arn't that many mines any more
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:41
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> nice big house will cost ya quite a bit, especially down
> south.
--

There's no choice, it has to be down South. Up t'North, there's mines, and everyone wears flatcaps. And they deep fry everything, including each other.

;-)
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:39
Regular
There are always ways to spend money.

Buying a few nice cars could cost ya a good few million. Then you would a nice big house with a big garden to fit all the cars in :) nice big house will cost ya quite a bit, especially down south.

I reckon I could go the rest of my life without working if I won £500,000 though. That would be minimal though. At the moment that would work out to about £20,000 a year interest which is alright. And I'm sure I could make a bit on the Stock Market. I've already made 25% on my current investments.
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:37
Regular
You could give it to me.
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
Okay, this is my personal view.

I would not like to win a few million. Truthfully. I have a decent life, but me and my family would love a few extra thousand. You know, to get a games room and have enough money to always be comfortable, and to be able to buy decent presents at Xmas and spend more on food etc.

But a few million?? To be honest, I don't know what I'd do with it.
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:18
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> If I won the lottery, I give it all to charity... maybe:)

*Sniggers.*

I may give some but not all.

Are you telling the truth?
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
If I won the lottery, I give it all to charity... maybe:)
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:16
Regular
"Not your monkey"
slaveunit wrote:
> Yeah, but the point is.....

...Would you carry on gaming if you could afford
> to do the same thing for real?

In general yes although that Focus idea sounded good. Couldn't be arsed with lessons though. Just buy one to show up all the little morons who think that an exhaust twice the size of their car makes them look good.
Fri 15/02/02 at 14:15
I wish I could iwn the lottery.

Fat chance though.

Apearalntely there's more chance of being struck my lightning than there is winning the lottery.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.