GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've won the lottery!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/02/02 at 12:59
Regular
Not really. Wish I had though...

I'm not one of those muppets that say "I wouldnt let it change my life" and carry on going to work. It would definately change my life. I'd tell work where they can stick their PC and leave that day, to go home and play games.

Or would I?

The ideal setup has been done here before, with plasma screens and surround sound systems, and it's pretty obvious that anyone here would do it if they won. But if you were to win so much money, why settle for the game? 17 million squid would actually but you some real life gaming...

Do you A) play WRC at home or B) spend £200,000 on a Focus Cosworth, the same on a team, a bit more for some rally lessons and then enter a season?

Do you A) play Championship manager at home or B) buy out your local towns team and really manage them?

Do you a) play GTA3 at home or B) Grab a baseball bat, smack up a load of cars and people, and then pay your lawyer to get you off?

Well, probably not the last one, but you see what I mean.

When you go to the cinema, it's escapism. For 1 1/2 hours or so you are transported into another world. Gaming takes it that much further, letting you control the actions of the character you are playing, but in the end it's still a game, you're still sat at home in front of a telly, and your mother is still waiting for you to grow up and go outside and have a real life!

Well, given the opportunity of having a fat wad in your pocket, would you really sit in and play Gran Turismo on that massive home cinema for that "realistic experience"? Or would you go down the shops, come back with a Dodge Viper and really tear up the tracks?

Personally, I'll never give up gaming, whatever my mother says. No matter how much cash I had, I'd never be able to buy my way into Solid Snakes job, But I doubt I'd play GT3 anymore....

Slave.
Fri 15/02/02 at 12:59
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Not really. Wish I had though...

I'm not one of those muppets that say "I wouldnt let it change my life" and carry on going to work. It would definately change my life. I'd tell work where they can stick their PC and leave that day, to go home and play games.

Or would I?

The ideal setup has been done here before, with plasma screens and surround sound systems, and it's pretty obvious that anyone here would do it if they won. But if you were to win so much money, why settle for the game? 17 million squid would actually but you some real life gaming...

Do you A) play WRC at home or B) spend £200,000 on a Focus Cosworth, the same on a team, a bit more for some rally lessons and then enter a season?

Do you A) play Championship manager at home or B) buy out your local towns team and really manage them?

Do you a) play GTA3 at home or B) Grab a baseball bat, smack up a load of cars and people, and then pay your lawyer to get you off?

Well, probably not the last one, but you see what I mean.

When you go to the cinema, it's escapism. For 1 1/2 hours or so you are transported into another world. Gaming takes it that much further, letting you control the actions of the character you are playing, but in the end it's still a game, you're still sat at home in front of a telly, and your mother is still waiting for you to grow up and go outside and have a real life!

Well, given the opportunity of having a fat wad in your pocket, would you really sit in and play Gran Turismo on that massive home cinema for that "realistic experience"? Or would you go down the shops, come back with a Dodge Viper and really tear up the tracks?

Personally, I'll never give up gaming, whatever my mother says. No matter how much cash I had, I'd never be able to buy my way into Solid Snakes job, But I doubt I'd play GT3 anymore....

Slave.
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If I won the lottery, I would buy a games company like Rockstar or Activision and make them create games just for me.

Games that I want to see, and be damned to anyone else.
I would create a racing game where you drive a massive Chopper bike with cannons and all the opponents looked like Jamie Oliver in a dress.

I'd have a beat 'em up that consisted entirely of different species of monkeys.

I'd have a FPS where you had to go through Blockbusters and shoot any of the staff-apes that don't know who Beat Takeshi is.

I'd create a game called "Lara Croft is Rubbish", and all you could do in the game is be sealed inside a giant metal cube with no way out, so people would realise how rehashed that series is.

I'd also have a game where you got to cop off with Salma Hayek, Jennifer Conolley and all of Destiny's Child.
It would be interactive and require a rumble-vest and special all-in-one bodysuit.

And I'd put out a contract on Sophie-Ellis Bexter.
For looking like a shrink-wrapped Space-Hopper.
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:13
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> > I'd put out a contract on Sophie-Ellis Bexter.
For looking like a
> shrink-wrapped Space-Hopper.

--

Damn good reason, if you ask me.

As for myself, I'd publicly humiliate Spielburg. I'd show the entire world what utter toss A.I. is, and they'll all laugh at him. For a long time. He'd be reduced to making burgers in a McDonalds. And I'd laugh.

And laugh some more.
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:21
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Yeah, but the point is.....

...Would you carry on gaming if you could afford to do the same thing for real?
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yep.
Because it's fun.
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:24
Regular
"Acid Casual"
No amount of money could by magic toadstools and fairies...
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Can in Amsterdamn.

And Hounslow
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:32
Regular
"es argh"
If I won the lottery I would buy a dinosaur.
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Gold suit.
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.