GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Did anyone buy psm2? The video of MGS2 looks amazing and i can't wait for the Getaway!!! This is what we've been waiting for"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/09/00 at 21:12
Regular
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Tue 19/09/00 at 21:12
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Tue 19/09/00 at 21:55
Oh yes indeed!

I bought the mag at lunchtime today, and spent 30 minutes or so just watching the MGS2 footage over and over!

Absolutely, utterly, totally, completely astounding!

If anyone reading this is in doubt about buying a PS2, get this mag and watch the video. If you have any doubts about PS2 after that, you're not normal.
Wed 20/09/00 at 16:42
Regular
I have seen videos of some games on the PS2, and MGS2 is the only one that REALLY looks any good, it is a shame, but I blame the difficulty of programming for the PS2.
I tell a lie, the other game is the Star Wars one, no video, but astounding pictures.
(Rogue 2 looks better, methinks.)
Wed 20/09/00 at 16:57
I agree compltely, u cant base ur life on one game.
And if you thought it looked good, buy a DC and code veronica - its almost as good an u can get it NOW
Thu 21/09/00 at 12:04
Reports of difficulties in programming for PS2, and about the 'lack' of anti-aliasing seem to have been greatly exaggerated.

If you read some of the articles in that same PSM2 mag, some developers are saying that the PS2 is actually quite easy to program for, and that there is no problem with anti-aliasing.

There have also been suggestions that both of these were rumours started by Sony's rivals.

If you think about it, it would make sense; almost every developer said that PS1 was very easy to program for, and that's why it had so much support. Can you *really* see Sony taking such a backward step in this area?
Fri 22/09/00 at 03:00
Unfortunately, I have not managed to grab myself a copy of PSM2, as I looked around the stores for a few hours, but to no avail! I wonder where all you guys got your PSM2's from, or when they will be Nationally Available!?
Fri 22/09/00 at 09:49
I'm in Northampton, and got my copy in the local Game store - it should be nationally available now.
Fri 22/09/00 at 15:24
If anyone still wants to buy it, Id be quick, the next issue will be on sale real soon. I wonder how they can top the first PSM2 magazine, espically after the MGS2 video!
Fri 22/09/00 at 16:50

Quite obviously PSM 2 is biased, all normal format mags are, try a multiformat mag....
Look at midnight club run and smugglers run and tell me if they could be done on the PS processor....
yes, they probably could. Look at MGS2 - wow!! obviously there has been a lot of effort put in cus if the PS2 was easy to program for, smugglers run would look as good as 4 wheel thunder on the DC...

Is Capcom Sonys rival? No, and they stated that it was `a b****r to program for` in CVG, but then in PSM 2 they would say differently, wouldnt they?

< almost every developer said that PS1 was very easy to program for, and that's why it had so much support. Can you *really* see Sony taking such a backward step in this area?>

Yea, its happened a lot, the SNES was easier to program for than the N64, some things they cant change, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE SYSTEM, they know it will sell well, cant you see??
Fri 22/09/00 at 17:03
Tigerblade, PSM2 did slate practically every launch game including RR V and TTT. I do agree that magazine that specifically write to one system are biased, but only in the case of Official magazines(Playstation and Nintendo spring to mind). I would trust what CVG and PSM writes but you must realise that there is a lot of rumour out there- I remember hearing that there was only 50,000 PS2's coming at launch. Tigerblade, I wouldnt take everything for face value...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.