GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone alse wanna moan about PC World"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 20:55
Regular
I went in pc world the other day to buy a Heatsink and fan for a pc i built for my dad, the cpu was only a duron 900 so i went to pc world to get a heatsink and fan for it, well they had a rack with 3 or 4 differant sections all for differant speed cpu's and all at differant prices and to my HORROR these Cooler master Cpu's are all the exact same spec (i know i use them at work) So for instance if you had a 800 duron cpu then you would go to the heatsink and fan that stated that speed for say, £6.99 but if you had an athlon 1800xp then you would buy the heatsink and fan that is stated at that speed for say, £10.99, so i had a look at them all and they were all the same model, the cheak of it.

I know it isnt big money but it is the principle that counts, they prey on people who know nothing about computers and thats WRONG!

c.b.
Fri 15/02/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Acid Casual"
You get swooped on as soon as you walk in there by some monkey who wants to see you stuff so they convince you to buy insurance and get a cut.

Only things I bought there are blank cd's, HP paper and the occasional game. Certainly wouldn't go for advice/peripherals/pc.
Fri 15/02/02 at 11:59
Regular
I went to buy a scsi card there and after they worked out what it was they tried to sell one to me for £70 i surprisingly decided to decline their generous offer and purchased one on ebay for £7.
Fri 15/02/02 at 10:33
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
They didn't know what a MIDI lead was and didn't bother showing me to someone who could, just said "sorry" *mumbles*
Fri 15/02/02 at 09:23
Regular
"..."
I'll join in! I tried to buy 32MB of ram about 4 years ago when everywhere was selling it for about £40. PC world wanted £120 for it...
Thu 14/02/02 at 23:34
Regular
I ll moan t pc world although there new component centre thing is fairly cheap for some stuff.
Thu 14/02/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Oh, damn, I made a list once but it was stored on my ill-fated Mandrake drive. Bagger.

What I do know is they tried to sell me a dual IDE cable for £12, something the school later gave me for free because she can them for 50p "At this hardware store near where she lives". Honestly.
Thu 14/02/02 at 21:12
Regular
"How Handy."
I wanted a cross over cable to connect two PCs a while ago, had to go to PC World because I was in a rush and no where else was open.

£12.99 for a cable everyone else wants about £2 for..
Thu 14/02/02 at 20:55
Regular
I went in pc world the other day to buy a Heatsink and fan for a pc i built for my dad, the cpu was only a duron 900 so i went to pc world to get a heatsink and fan for it, well they had a rack with 3 or 4 differant sections all for differant speed cpu's and all at differant prices and to my HORROR these Cooler master Cpu's are all the exact same spec (i know i use them at work) So for instance if you had a 800 duron cpu then you would go to the heatsink and fan that stated that speed for say, £6.99 but if you had an athlon 1800xp then you would buy the heatsink and fan that is stated at that speed for say, £10.99, so i had a look at them all and they were all the same model, the cheak of it.

I know it isnt big money but it is the principle that counts, they prey on people who know nothing about computers and thats WRONG!

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.