GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does Maven deserve WWF gold?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 18:56
Regular
Does Maven deserve WWF gold?

I don't think so.

While it is undoubted that he has potential as a wrestler and is getting big pops when he appears on Raw or Smackdown!, I have noticed that his reappearence just happens to be at the time Tough Enough 2 is beginning to air in the US.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.

Maven's major push has got to seriously grate some of the developmental talents down at OVW or HWA. I'm talking about people like Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton who are still patiently waiting for their opportunity whilst Maven gets major air time, who are probably thinking what they have to do to get pushed.

Even more annoyed must be people like Raven and Justin Credible, who have years of experience but still can't get the air time. I know that wrestlers have to 'pay their dues' but still. I have just finished Mick Foley's autobiography 'Have a Nice Day' (which is great by the way, I definitely recommend it) and was amazed how he used to sleep in his car whilst at wrestling school and how he put his body on the line in front of 150 people at a high school. Comparte to all that pain and hard work it seems that despite his undoubted talent maybe Maven has got it all a little too easy.

What do you think?
Sat 16/02/02 at 09:23
Regular
"..."
Chrissy.P wrote:
> Anyway leave Maven alone hes only a youngstar, whos best move is probably the
> dropkick.

Agreed, he's still learning and at least he's better than some of the hopeless Rookies we see on Metal...
Sat 16/02/02 at 10:41
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
RM18 wrote:
> He only won the hardcore title by cheating AND interention by The Rock. There is
> no way the Undertaker would do the job to Maven

------

The Hardcore Title is all about cheating.

Interferences and weapons are allowed so he didn't really cheat at all.

And no he wasn't eliminated from the Rumble so that means that him and Triple H are currentyl still, yes, still in it. :-)
Sat 16/02/02 at 10:59
"©opy Right™"
The tough enough isnt a very good idea it gets a wrestler in to the wwf to easy tazz said "I try and give them a tough time because all of the wwf superstars so far have had a tough time getting in to the wwf.

Its true though people like hhh have had to work there way to the wwf and work there way to the gold.But maven just gettes a title shot straight out of the blue.He is doing well for himself but nidia isnt going to sign another contract mr macman wont let her shes going to have to drop to the OVW or NWO.
Sat 16/02/02 at 11:26
Regular
Do you think that the fact that Maven has got on TV and Nidia hasn't means the WWF rate him more highly? If anything its the flagging womens division that needs bolstering, not the mens
Sat 16/02/02 at 13:51
Regular
I fancy him as the next WWF Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight Champeen!
Sat 16/02/02 at 14:15
Regular
Thats if the WWF remembers they have one
Sat 16/02/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well personally i dont think he deserves WWF gold but right now the crowd LOVE him and so the WWF will want to get him right up thier with everyone to make him feel "at home" or in with the gang.
The crowd is really what the WWf runs on so if the crowd like someone the WWF will give them a push to recieve more viewers and generate more money.

Its quite simple really.
Cya
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:16
Regular
HHH wrote:
> Well personally i dont think he deserves WWF gold but right now the crowd LOVE
> him and so the WWF will want to get him right up thier with everyone to make him
> feel "at home" or in with the gang.
The crowd is really what the WWf
> runs on so if the crowd like someone the WWF will give them a push to recieve
> more viewers and generate more money.

Its quite simple really.
Cya

To be fair to him he is a crowd favourite and did do well in the tag match on Smackdown! I predict that he will interfere in the Rock vs. Undertaker match at No Way Out. What do you think?
Sat 16/02/02 at 22:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think Maven winning the Hardcore was a good thing because now the Hardcore title is back among the low carders. That is where the Hardcore title ruled.
Sun 17/02/02 at 07:24
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> I think Maven winning the Hardcore was a good thing because now the Hardcore
> title is back among the low carders. That is where the Hardcore title ruled.

I agree, but I think that if they are going to put the title on Maven he should keep it for a substantial time to give it a bit of much needed credibilty

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.