GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Gaming - Longest thread!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/07/06 at 21:29
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
As a tribute to our beloved thread on the old SR forum, this should server as the breeding ground for all manner of nonsensical jabberings concerning our treasured gaming rigs. Keep it going, for posterity!
Thu 05/10/06 at 19:23
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I shall now be able to sleep at night, secure in the comforting knowledge that I have contributed to the longest thread on the Freeola 'PC Gaming' forum.

The relief washes over me in an awesome wave.
Mon 07/08/06 at 13:17
Regular
Cheers for that Bob I'll look into it :D
Mon 07/08/06 at 13:11
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I have a little program called CPU-Z that tells you what kind of RAM you have in each of your RAM slots, so from that you can see what kind you need :) It was easier than trying to decipher my motherboard manual, which made things less than clear.

Anyone who knows, how much should I be expecting to pay for a reliable PSU suitable for a high end graphics card?
Mon 07/08/06 at 11:40
Regular
Yeah, I mean I think this computer had problems with Civ 3 when I had cities and units covering the whole world.

Civ4 I could just survive. The thing is I only had 512MB of Ram. Years ago I was told that 1GB was too much :( So I didnt get anymore.

Now I'm worried about getting the wrong kind of RAM so just leaving it till I get a new computer. THough I'll still use this one I'm sure.

Civ4s good but before the 1.5 patch it was really screwy.
Mon 07/08/06 at 11:25
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Civ 4's a pretty demanding game. For what it is. Well, on the RAM front anyway.

I know that on bigger maps I'd be off to get a cup of tea inbetween turns.. haven't tried it with my new RAM though.
Mon 07/08/06 at 10:46
Regular
My computer is okay but playing new games, I'm gonna have to get a new computer. At the moment I just play ET and Civ4. Didn't even get a chance to play WoW :(
Mon 07/08/06 at 10:33
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> This isn't the greatest thread in the world... this is just a
> tribute.

It needs poetry and certain MSN smilies to make it a true tribute.
Sat 05/08/06 at 14:00
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I have completed phase one of my computer upgrade.

I now have 1 gig of ram and new headphones

pwnzor noob!

No more annoying caching pauses on DoD but my frame rate still sucks.

Phase two, consisting of a new graphics card and PSU will commence as soon as I can bring myself to part with a large chunk of money. :(
Fri 04/08/06 at 09:52
Regular
"Mooching around"
It might even one day, be worth it!
Thu 03/08/06 at 22:30
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
This isn't the greatest thread in the world... this is just a tribute.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.