GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future is Free! Know your Human rights!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/09/00 at 15:30
Regular
When the European Human Rights Law becomes British Law next month, Article 10 - Freedom of expression, may mean that the BBC license fee/ Television License is unlawful on the basis that it infringes the rights of people to receive information freely. For years gamers have been frustrated that they need a TV license in order to play their Amigas, playstation, N64 or Dreamcast.
The TV license also discriminates against poorer people who may not have the money to pay for a TV license, Article 14 - Prohibition of discrimination, may now mean that I'll be able to use the internet through my Dreamcast for free.
Not to mention the obvious breach of privacy by the BBC in detecting TV's in private homes (see BBC/ TV licensing website see http://www.tv-l.co.uk/ )… Article 8 - Right to respect for private and family life, may make this illegal. Did you know the TV license detector can, I quote:

"Not only will we be able to see where the television is and what's being watched on it, we'll know on the spot whether it's licensed."

For a full list of your Human Rights see

http://conventions.coe.int/treaty/EN/Treaties/html/005.htm

Europe has finally done something good for a change!, now we finally have the right to be innocent until proven guilty! See the website, know your Human rights. A prisoner in Austria has already won a court case in Europe, and is now entitled to TV in his cell, and a Newspaper everyday. Should we have to pay to surf the internet on our Dreamcasts, play a video on our videorecorders or pay for the BBC when we only watch Sky sports. See the website, know your rights.. The Future is Free!
Tue 19/09/00 at 15:30
When the European Human Rights Law becomes British Law next month, Article 10 - Freedom of expression, may mean that the BBC license fee/ Television License is unlawful on the basis that it infringes the rights of people to receive information freely. For years gamers have been frustrated that they need a TV license in order to play their Amigas, playstation, N64 or Dreamcast.
The TV license also discriminates against poorer people who may not have the money to pay for a TV license, Article 14 - Prohibition of discrimination, may now mean that I'll be able to use the internet through my Dreamcast for free.
Not to mention the obvious breach of privacy by the BBC in detecting TV's in private homes (see BBC/ TV licensing website see http://www.tv-l.co.uk/ )… Article 8 - Right to respect for private and family life, may make this illegal. Did you know the TV license detector can, I quote:

"Not only will we be able to see where the television is and what's being watched on it, we'll know on the spot whether it's licensed."

For a full list of your Human Rights see

http://conventions.coe.int/treaty/EN/Treaties/html/005.htm

Europe has finally done something good for a change!, now we finally have the right to be innocent until proven guilty! See the website, know your Human rights. A prisoner in Austria has already won a court case in Europe, and is now entitled to TV in his cell, and a Newspaper everyday. Should we have to pay to surf the internet on our Dreamcasts, play a video on our videorecorders or pay for the BBC when we only watch Sky sports. See the website, know your rights.. The Future is Free!
Tue 19/09/00 at 22:03
i called up the tv licensing people last year when i got my dreamcast and they said i didnt need a license as long as i only used it for my dreamcast and the channels werent tuned in on the tv...
Fri 22/09/00 at 10:52
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
Can you get that in writing! Otherwise it wont stand up in court
Sun 24/09/00 at 02:48
I agree that there should be no tv licance (tax)
Sack all those overpaid fat cats.
Charge camalot for advertising their lousy loto show.
Sun 24/09/00 at 16:06
At last somebody who agrees, thanks Webslave. All of you see the site
Tue 06/03/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Sully wrote:
> i called up the tv licensing people last year when i got my
> dreamcast and they said i didnt need a license as long as i only
> used it for my dreamcast and the channels werent tuned in on the
> tv...

Aye... its all true... no need to get ti in writing... as long as your not tuned in, the reception wont get picked up by the reciever van.... however it means you wont be able to watch TV anywhere in the house otherwise...

Equally does this mean that SKY, et al. must all be free since they also provide a service at a cost?...

(equally I could say that all Newspapers must equally immeaditatly become free since they are charging for the right of information... but I wont :) )
Thu 08/03/01 at 21:20
I dont disagree with paying for information, like SKY or a newspaper. I disagree with being forced to buy information from one source before I can recieve it from another.

Imagine having to buy the Telegraph each day before you were allowed to buy the Times! Thats what the BBC stands for, and thats why I dont think we should pay a TV license!
Thu 08/03/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
New Jimmy wrote:
> I dont disagree with paying for information, like SKY or a
> newspaper. I disagree with being forced to buy information from one
> source before I can recieve it from another.

Imagine having to
> buy the Telegraph each day before you were allowed to buy the Times!
> Thats what the BBC stands for, and thats why I dont think we should
> pay a TV license!

Surly your buying the livence to own a TV... like a fishing licence?... and the BBC is a free bouns?
Fri 09/03/01 at 09:57
Surly your buying the livence to own a TV... like a fishing licence?... and the BBC is a free bouns?

No, not really using that analogy you would get the Fishing license for free and be forced to pay for the Salmon even though you only want to catch Trout!

If you were paying for the right to watch TV, then why does all the money go the BBC and the government!
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:57
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
New Jimmy wrote:
> Surly your buying the livence to own a TV... like a fishing
> licence?... and the BBC is a free bouns?

No, not really using
> that analogy you would get the Fishing license for free and be
> forced to pay for the Salmon even though you only want to catch
> Trout!

More like paying for a license, being allowed to fish for trout... and getting the salmon for free?

If you were paying for the right to watch TV, then why
> does all the money go the BBC and the government!

When you pay for a fishing license the money rarley goes to charity....

Besides the funding for the BBC provides for some of the Best programmes in the world... being a SKY Digital subscriber, I enjoy the choice, and a lot of the other programs supplied by those channels... but it does show the quality of BBC programs...

The only other choice would be TV made to suit the largest possible audience, which wouyld swiftly move us towards a cheap varient of American telly?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.