GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IAmA Request: Talented staffie"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/04/12 at 14:21
Regular
chasfh wrote:
Machie wrote:
[i]Wow I totally thought I was the only Games Workshop nut on Freeola. I'm surprised! A sculptor as well.

Used to work for them...

I am a competition level figure painter, sculptor, scenery builder, and I just recently sold all my GW stuff on...[/i]

Wow, I wish I could see some of your work. You have my respect. It's not easy work to do, I've tried. Still I really love doing it. We actually have a GW store in our neighboring city here in Japan. I'll have to pay them a visit again sometime.

Can I ask you some questions chasfh?

How did you get into it? Were you any good at art in school? Why did you sell your GW stuff? When it comes to painting, lead or plastic? Is this something you're still doing? How many hours did it take to sculpt on average? Did you have a favourite race to sculpt/paint? What is your job at Freeola? Please tell me you're their fulltime GM and during work outings you enjoy larping. Have you ever considered going into 3D?
Fri 13/04/12 at 19:53
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Re. Book - Nice one chasfh!
I see you link to it on your website. I can recommend signing up for a free Amazon Associate account and changing your link to use your referral id so you get another % from Amazon :¬)
It also means you benefit from any visitors that go on to buy other Amazon products in the same [i]session
which is good.

When I started my Hmmm... play website with a few Amazon ads I remember Machie poking fun at me! :¬(
But it's surprising how things add up each month :¬)
[/i]

I'll take that under consideration, thanks... best advice is always to take advantage of everything on offer!
Fri 13/04/12 at 16:24
Regular
Most of the content on my websites are images. I just follow Google's suggestion of adding descriptions in the alt tag and within a few days it starts to turn up in their results.

I find I get a lot of traffic from social networks like StumbleUpon and Facebook.
Fri 13/04/12 at 15:00
"Are you sure?"
Re. Book - Nice one chasfh!
I see you link to it on your website. I can recommend signing up for a free Amazon Associate account and changing your link to use your referral id so you get another % from Amazon :¬)
It also means you benefit from any visitors that go on to buy other Amazon products in the same session which is good.

When I started my Hmmm... play website with a few Amazon ads I remember Machie poking fun at me! :¬(
But it's surprising how things add up each month :¬)

@Machie,
Where you previously mentioned having a site generating around 100,000 page views a day (3 million/month!) I'm guessing you must have some written content to help on the search engine front?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 13/04/12 at 08:27
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Machie wrote:
Wow three novels. You really keep busy. I always wanted to write a childrens book. Mainly because Im not well at spelling and grammer. that's why my comic doesn't have any words. Can't wait to print my first book. Have you ever had yours printed? I know about some services like lulu.com

None in physical print as yet. Maybe one day, but publishers are so reluctant to fund it themselves any more, so it costs a bit to get the first run done.
Fri 13/04/12 at 08:05
Regular
Wow three novels. You really keep busy. I always wanted to write a childrens book. Mainly because Im not well at spelling and grammer. that's why my comic doesn't have any words. Can't wait to print my first book. Have you ever had yours printed? I know about some services like lulu.com
Thu 12/04/12 at 23:02
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Dr. Garin wrote:
chasfh wrote:[i]
Yeah, I had that dream once, where everything was free...

Turns out I had just rolled out of bed, hit my head...

It's less than £4, I don't think I could be any fairer:-) Besides, as loyal Freeola customers, I thought you'd all be rushing off to buy copies!:-)

We're saving all our money to buy Freeola products. :P

Anyway, given that I own a Nook rather than a Kindle, purchasing from amazon would be entirely pointless for me.[/i]

Tsk... No pleasing some people!:-)
Thu 12/04/12 at 22:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
chasfh wrote:

It's less than £4, I don't think I could be any fairer:-) Besides, as loyal Freeola customers, I thought you'd all be rushing off to buy copies!:-)

We're saving all our money to buy Freeola products. :P

Anyway, given that I own a Nook rather than a Kindle, purchasing from amazon would be entirely pointless for me.
Thu 12/04/12 at 22:31
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]DL wrote:
[i]Doom or Quake based? I'd go with Quake II ;¬)

DOOM!!! I love Doom 3, can't wait for 4...[/i]

Bad call Chas, sorry ... I love Doom, Ultimate Doom and Final Doom. But Doom 3 was special and really well liked and Doom 4 could be extra special now ;¬)[/i]

Quake is never a bad call... It's just Doom with mechs after all.
Thu 12/04/12 at 22:30
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Dr. Garin wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]Its actually my third novel. The first is already on Kindle, called Mother God; Evolution War and its the first of a trilogy.

As loyal Freeola forum users we all get free copies right?[/i]

Thu 12/04/12 at 22:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
chasfh wrote:
DL wrote:
[i]Doom or Quake based? I'd go with Quake II ;¬)

DOOM!!! I love Doom 3, can't wait for 4...[/i]

Bad call Chas, sorry ... I love Doom, Ultimate Doom and Final Doom. But Doom 3 was special and really well liked and Doom 4 could be extra special now ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.