GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ok maybe the 80ies werent so cool afterall"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/09/07 at 10:46
Regular
Click

But at the time, we thought it was cool. I think =/ Teen Witch is hot though.
Tue 04/09/07 at 13:15
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i had a Vic-20 with 3 games on MASSIVE cartridges.

so there :D
Tue 04/09/07 at 13:01
"possibly impossible"
Garin wrote:
> pb wrote:
> C64? Don't forget the Spectrum 48k, though ZX81 was the true
> first home computer.
>
> I'll be pedantic and point out the ZX81 was hardly the
> first..there was the ZX80 for a start. :P

Well, yes, and after typing that I thought someone would! Ok, first Successful home computer. The ZX80 didn't really take off and was only sold in limited numbers.
Tue 04/09/07 at 11:56
Regular
I was the only one to have a BBC Micro. =)

I also remember completing Golden Axe while holidaying in Holland when I was 8.
Tue 04/09/07 at 11:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pb wrote:
> C64? Don't forget the Spectrum 48k, though ZX81 was the true
> first home computer.

I'll be pedantic and point out the ZX81 was hardly the first..there was the ZX80 for a start. :P
Tue 04/09/07 at 11:46
Regular
"What's basketball?"
pb wrote:
> You didn't mention Transformers? Or widespread Star Wars toys in
> the UK? Birth of the affordable home computer? Loads of cool
> stuff happened in the 80's.

And I wasn't around to see it. :(

I wish I was around in the 70s, though. Discos, parties and arcades everywhere! XD

70's > 80's
Tue 04/09/07 at 10:29
"possibly impossible"
C64? Don't forget the Spectrum 48k, though ZX81 was the true first home computer. There was always that great little battle between the C64 and Spectrum, I remember. Actually, even though the magazines were often trading blows, the staff seemed to be quite friendly with each other and shared their art departments. Actually, I remember quite a fit lady worked in the Your Sinclair art department when I was there.

The Atari VCS is probably a lot of people's fondest memory of a first games console though (if you're around my age).
Tue 04/09/07 at 10:15
Regular
"you've got a beard"
pb wrote:
> You didn't mention Transformers? Or widespread Star Wars toys in
> the UK? Birth of the affordable home computer? Loads of cool

hey, i popped the c64 :P

it`s not like i was compiling a definitive list, just things that ocurred to me as i wrote it.. but yes, OBVIOUSLY transformers rules ;)
Tue 04/09/07 at 09:29
Regular
pb wrote:
> Loads of cool

Like The Simpsons and Knightmare?
Tue 04/09/07 at 09:12
"possibly impossible"
You didn't mention Transformers? Or widespread Star Wars toys in the UK? Birth of the affordable home computer? Loads of cool stuff happened in the 80's.
Tue 04/09/07 at 08:59
Regular
"you've got a beard"
you could level this kind of thing at any decade though really, there`s always going to be good stuff and bad stuff. the 80`s had some quality stuff going on:

Cities of Gold
Raccoons
Denver
Captain N (another "dude sucked into game" premise, but a blatant nintendo ad. see also "The Wizard")
Commodore 64`s
Dizzy games
Mario
Telebugs
Duckula
Guns n roses
countless genius 1 hit wonders
ghostbusters
indiana jones
"Hulkamania" boom period of wrestling
Top Gun

all KINDS of sweet stuff!!
plus a personal mention for Rolfs Cartoon Club, without which i wouldn`t have made my first flickbook, decided animation was pretty cool and ultimately ended up here.

however, the dark side:

Shoulder pads/power dressing
Eastenders began (officially documented as the beginning of the downfall of society)
MASSIVE mobile phones :D
mullets (see Pat Sharpe)
bloody maradonna
danny kendall died
countless awful 1 hit wonders

lets also remember that a lot of the stuff that sucks today, is produced by people who were born in the 80`s, so its evil is far reaching :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.