GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Grandprix Livestream Catastrophe"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/03/12 at 01:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The list of games that I own and how many of you picked them.

PS1

Gran Turismo - 2
Micro Machines V3 - 1
CTR - 1

PS2

Shadow of the Colossus - 3
GTA Vice City - 3
GTA3 - 2
GTA SA - 2
Guitar Hero - 1
SSX Tricky - 1
Timesplitters 2 - 1
Timesplitters Future Perfect - 1

GC

Super Mario Sunshine - 5
MK DD - 4
Zelda Wind Waker - 3
Burnout 2 - 2 (Was mentioned on different consoles but I have the GC version)
Pikmin - 1
Paper Mario 1000 year door - 1
F-Zero - 1
Simpsons Hit and Run - 1 (See Burnout 2)

Xbox

Halo - 7
Halo 2 - 4
PGR 2 - 2
Fable - 2
Burnout Revenge - 1
Outrun Coast to Coast - 1
Star Wars KOTOR - 1
PGR - 1

Wii

Wii Sports - 6
Mario Kart Wii - 5
Zelda Skyward Sword - 4
Zelda Twilight Princess - 4
Super Smash Bros Brawl - 4
Mario Galaxy - 3
New Super Mario Bros - 3
Mario Galaxy 2 - 2
Super Paper Mario - 1
Sonic Colours - 1
Wii Sports Resort - 1

If you would like to see a game on the following systems being played, suggest it and I'll let you know if I have it.

PS1
PS2
Xbox (original)
Gamecube
Wii

With that list, it might not be feasible to play them all due to time unless you want me to play all night. Now is the time to start a debate as to how this test will go. I want to see how long it will take me to switch between consoles so I will play at least 1 game on all 3 consoles. For the purpose of this, the PS2 will play PS1 games and the Wii will play GC games.

This could be me switching between games after 5-10 minutes playing 10 to 20 of the list or I could play the lot or focus on 5 games and play for a lengthier period. I'm happy to do any of them. Of course, after the test, if you want to see me play through a game that you would like to see, I'm more than happy to do that. There will also be a 360 and a PS3 test when I feel happy with the setup I have.

I look forward to your input and I hope you will enjoy this crazy attempt.
Mon 02/04/12 at 17:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, I should have everything to get this working. Jusr need to have a proper look at the software but I think that should be pretty straightforward.

My health is improving and I'm hoping to shake the worst of this cough this week.

I have a Justin tv account set up so if you want to chat, you might need to create one of your own or I can create something on here for those that don't want to create an account.

Hopefully I should have some more info on when this is happening soon.
Wed 28/03/12 at 18:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I don't think me coughing down the mic will improve the viewing experience, although I doubt my gameplay will improve things much either. :)

I'll update the first post so there is no confusion and I hope to hear from you all about how you would like this to go.
Tue 27/03/12 at 18:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Really nice idea GP ... but get better first and then every interested party here can pitch in :¬)
Tue 27/03/12 at 14:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, I suppose I should update you all as to what is going on. I would guess that some of you have worked it out but anyway, let's get to the point.

I have come to be in the possession of some equipment that should allow me to record and livestream some games. I'd need to do a test run to check it all out and iron out any problems. I'm not going to be testing out 360 and PS3 yet as they could potentially lead to a few more problems but I will deal with that another time.

The list of games I've asked you for were games I would play on the livestream. Obviously, I don't have all the games mentioned but out of all the games mentioned, I have 38. That may be too many but it would be up to you, the viewing several.

I hope that you are interested in joining me in this potential disaster. No date has been arranged just yet and with my recent illness, I should probably try to recover first. I'll put the list of games up and then we can all decide where to go from there. The list of games will be in the main post.
Mon 26/03/12 at 21:19
Regular
"god of noobing"
gamecube soulcalibur2
xbox halo 1 and 2, stubbs the zombie
Mon 26/03/12 at 14:42
Regular
"I like turtles"
Mid 90's there can't have been a 15 year old lad in the country who didn't own that game. It was actually a really good beat em up to be fair, it's just unfortunate that's not what it seems to be remembered for :)
Mon 26/03/12 at 13:22
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
pete_21 wrote:
I take it you played with 'bounce mode' engaged! ;)

Heh, never owned it, or the console, but I heard tales from friends :)
Mon 26/03/12 at 12:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Butch wrote:

Xbox (original)
DOA

I take it you played with 'bounce mode' engaged! ;)
Mon 26/03/12 at 12:01
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
PS1
Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo

PS2
Final Fantasy X
FIFA08
Vice City
GTA 3
Track & Field

Xbox (original)
DOA
Halo

Gamecube
Windwaker
Mario Party 7
Double Dash
Mario Sunshine
Smash Bros

Wii
Skyward Sword
Super Mario Galaxy
Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sports

Unfortunately I never owned a PS1 or Xbox so picked the games I could remember off the top of my head.
Mon 26/03/12 at 10:51
Regular
PS1
FFVII
Crash Bandicoot
Gran Turismo
Metal Gear Solid
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

PS2
Need for Speed: Underground
FFX

Gamecube
Mario Kart Double Dash
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Party 7
LoZ: Wind Waker
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Wii
LoZ: Twilight Princess
New Super Mario Bros
Wii Sports
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.