GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Grandprix Livestream Catastrophe"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/03/12 at 01:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The list of games that I own and how many of you picked them.

PS1

Gran Turismo - 2
Micro Machines V3 - 1
CTR - 1

PS2

Shadow of the Colossus - 3
GTA Vice City - 3
GTA3 - 2
GTA SA - 2
Guitar Hero - 1
SSX Tricky - 1
Timesplitters 2 - 1
Timesplitters Future Perfect - 1

GC

Super Mario Sunshine - 5
MK DD - 4
Zelda Wind Waker - 3
Burnout 2 - 2 (Was mentioned on different consoles but I have the GC version)
Pikmin - 1
Paper Mario 1000 year door - 1
F-Zero - 1
Simpsons Hit and Run - 1 (See Burnout 2)

Xbox

Halo - 7
Halo 2 - 4
PGR 2 - 2
Fable - 2
Burnout Revenge - 1
Outrun Coast to Coast - 1
Star Wars KOTOR - 1
PGR - 1

Wii

Wii Sports - 6
Mario Kart Wii - 5
Zelda Skyward Sword - 4
Zelda Twilight Princess - 4
Super Smash Bros Brawl - 4
Mario Galaxy - 3
New Super Mario Bros - 3
Mario Galaxy 2 - 2
Super Paper Mario - 1
Sonic Colours - 1
Wii Sports Resort - 1

If you would like to see a game on the following systems being played, suggest it and I'll let you know if I have it.

PS1
PS2
Xbox (original)
Gamecube
Wii

With that list, it might not be feasible to play them all due to time unless you want me to play all night. Now is the time to start a debate as to how this test will go. I want to see how long it will take me to switch between consoles so I will play at least 1 game on all 3 consoles. For the purpose of this, the PS2 will play PS1 games and the Wii will play GC games.

This could be me switching between games after 5-10 minutes playing 10 to 20 of the list or I could play the lot or focus on 5 games and play for a lengthier period. I'm happy to do any of them. Of course, after the test, if you want to see me play through a game that you would like to see, I'm more than happy to do that. There will also be a 360 and a PS3 test when I feel happy with the setup I have.

I look forward to your input and I hope you will enjoy this crazy attempt.
Wed 25/07/12 at 19:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm hoping to do a test run Friday. If you are interested, you can follow me on Twitter, where I will post when I go live on twitch/Justin.tv. I'll also post here.

My Twitter and Justin.tv accounts are WinsGrandprix so they should be easy to find if you search for them.

EDIT: Some software failed so the test didn't reach the internet. Will be looking at it again this coming week.
Mon 23/07/12 at 03:34
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, I'm going to be looking into the software today and I'm hoping to do a small test to see what the hell I'm doing. Hopefully it won't be too complicated. As for the main event, it shouldn't be too far away if everythng comes together.
Fri 18/05/12 at 13:44
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Nah, I don't think we got it cheap. Not sure where we got it from. We actually got it for multiple purposes and streaming was one of them.

EDIT - Found out we got it from Play for about £160.
Fri 18/05/12 at 09:11
Regular
Ah ok, that's not good. I hope you're back to feeling fit and able soon!

Can I ask where you got your Hauppauge from? I'm wondering if it's incredibly cheaply priced somewhere that I don't know about. Doubtful, I know, but worth a shot.
Thu 17/05/12 at 18:18
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, that's the one. As for when the livestream is happening, it is when my health stabilises. I'm back to being unwell again. Had a really rough 2-3 months. As soon as I'm better, I could, in theory, start anytime.
Thu 17/05/12 at 14:10
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
My current setup is a PVR box that connects to the computer via USB...

Is that the Hauppauge HD PVR? I'm slightly tempted to get one of those, but they're so expensive!

Also, any news on your Livestream?
Tue 17/04/12 at 14:01
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
My current setup is a PVR box that connects to the computer via USB. It doesn't use HDMI so it can't do 1080p but can do up to 1080i. The PVR then has an output that connects to the TV. The PVR comes with software that allows you to record and upload to Youtube but with a bit of extra software (still debating which to use but I think XSplit is on the list), it should stream to the internet.

I've read that I need to get the settings right or there will be some audio lag on the stream and when I get round to 360 and PS3 testing, there is a distinct possibility that higher resolution will result in input lag for me and probably some lag on the stream. I've got a few ideas, like splitting the signal before the box but I'm not dealing with HD issues just yet.

I believe XSplit allows multiple mics so I should be able to do voiceover. I also have multiple cables so in theory I could get multiple streams through but I'm not sure the box can do 2 streams at once. Not looked at that possibility.
Tue 17/04/12 at 09:10
Regular
Do you mind me quizzing you about the software/hardware you'll be using GP?

I occasionally watch a stream on twitch.tv (justin.tv's gaming-exclusive channels), and it always interests me how these people not only stream HD content from their consoles/computers, but also get decent in-game audio, broadcaster audio and even sometimes dual-cast separate games.

I guess you're using something like XSplit? Beyond that, it's all greek to me.
Tue 17/04/12 at 02:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
An update:

I'm looking at sorting it all out this week. This first time is really a test to make sure everything works properly and that I don't have any lag in places where there shouldn't be lag.

So, yeah, now is the time to let me know a good start time for all you lovely people and what games from the list above you would like to see me play. I want to switch between the 3 consoles I'll be playing on to make sure everything goes okay when I switch.

If the test goes well, I'll look into some 360 and PS3 action and maybe look at a way of maybe some PC stuff if I can work out a good solution.
Mon 02/04/12 at 18:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Health first GP :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.