GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sorry, but I need a new one...NOW !!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/02/02 at 09:17
Regular
Sorry Guys, but I have been away from the gaming world for quite a few months. I need a new game !
The missus and I have just finished Silent Hill 2 (Great looking but SH1 has a better story) and I am looking for another game. I don't mind running about a lot but spooky, weird scary adventure is what I am looking for. I have not played Res Evil Veronica X, Shadow of Memories yet or Alone in the Dark 4. More thinking and puzzles rather than just shooting. Which is better or is there a new game out which I have not heard of yet ?
Please help otherwise I will be bored.
Wed 13/02/02 at 09:17
Sorry Guys, but I have been away from the gaming world for quite a few months. I need a new game !
The missus and I have just finished Silent Hill 2 (Great looking but SH1 has a better story) and I am looking for another game. I don't mind running about a lot but spooky, weird scary adventure is what I am looking for. I have not played Res Evil Veronica X, Shadow of Memories yet or Alone in the Dark 4. More thinking and puzzles rather than just shooting. Which is better or is there a new game out which I have not heard of yet ?
Please help otherwise I will be bored.
Wed 13/02/02 at 09:21
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I got bored of RE Code Veronica very quickly.. didn't even bother to complete it. Too much going back and forth, back and forth.

Didnt like the control system either, especially when I played the Devil May Cry demo after it!

Don't know about the others...
Wed 13/02/02 at 09:46
Regular
Shadow of Memories is very good, and is one of the more original titles around. Not many games try to mess with time... and the results can be quite amusing at times. You have to think about some problems for quite a while sometimes, as the solution to a problem can often be something you never expected.

Of the games you mentioned, SOM would get my vote. However, I personally would look to move into a new genre all together, opening up to PS2`s huge array of top titles.
Wed 13/02/02 at 10:02
Regular
"Back For Good"
Code Veronica is looking a bit dated compared to new PS2 releases but it's still an essential purchase, Shadow of Memories is good but prepare yourself for a head ache of complication :-D
--

I thought Silent Hill 2 had a better story than the original, everything possible was better in the sequel and the way everything you'd being playing for is thrown back in your face towards the end is classic, Silent Hill 3 is on the way :-)
Wed 13/02/02 at 15:17
Regular
"accidental superher"
i didn't like shadow of memories at all...
i just found that most of it was just watching cut scenes...and when you did get control all you goto another timezone/talk to another person and then another long cutscene kicks in
Wed 13/02/02 at 15:27
Regular
Keep a eye out for a game called ICO - due for release in March. It's puzzle based adventure. Reviews I've read say it has the best console graphics ever seen, and that the puzzles are varied and original.
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:11
i won r.e code veronica and it is amazing, i got it when i first got my ps2 and i have completed it even if i wouldnt again, its a lengthy game but a brilliant one, if you like horrors you will love this game, you will jump out of your skin loads. How can you get bored of this title its ace buy it now
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:11
tencho 3 will be good, and return to castle wolfenstien.
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:45
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Shadow of Memories is good but i soon got a little bored of it, it seemed to movie like for me and lacked that action that i usually like from games. Still i managed to complete some of the endings which took some doing, and the graphics are superb, really adds to the atmosphere.

As for Code V, well i love Resident Evil games and this one in my opinion is the best yet. Top atmosphere and graphics, plenty to do and kill and a great story line. Granted sometimes going there and back gets a little boring but you soon forgive the game for that. As for Alone in the Dark 4, i havent got that but i played a demo, really its very similar to Resi on gameplay so if you like that sort of game and want a different story line you will probably like this game too.
Wed 13/02/02 at 21:46
Regular
No one mention Devil May Cry??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.