GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vice vs Getaway"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Tue 17/12/02 at 21:06
Regular
I'm not sure if someone has done this or not. Ah well.

The Getaway -

This is the more serious of the two, and probably the shorter. You're Mark Hammand, a commited bank robber, who has just retired, and your wife has just been murdered and your son has been kidnapped, on top of this you're being framed.

There are 24 missions, 12 with Mark himself, and 12 with Frank Carter, a policeman, who has to bend the law to get his own way.Although there aren't that many missions, they are allhard, and fairly varied. When you complete the game there is the Free roam mode which you unlock, enabling some play back ability.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City -

This time you're Tommy Vercetti, and you have to find out who blew your drugs deal. Only two islands, but plenty to do; fly helicopters, use the dirtbike track, take a trip to the stadium, go to the docks, visit the strip club, or just simply cruise down ocean beach mowing down innocent civilians.

Anyway, which is better?
Sat 21/12/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I doubt that very much, Vice city's missions are fairly easy, whereas The Getaway's missions are really hard, they require proper planning etc.
Sat 21/12/02 at 18:49
Regular
No way, the missions in Vice City are it's strongest point. The Getaway's storyline is the best part of it.
Sat 21/12/02 at 16:04
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I thought the same as you, but then i got into The Getaway, and it really grew on me, the missions are a lot better on The Getaway.
;D
Sat 21/12/02 at 15:55
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'd have to go for Vice City.

When I had a go on 'The Getaway', it just didn't catch my attention, there just wasn't anything there that made me want to carry on playing.

With Vice City, I didn't think it was anything special, compaired to what I was expecting,but it had something there that made me cary on playing, and growing to like it a lot.

I prefer the look of Vice City to the Gataway. To me, the latter seems a bit dull to me.
Fri 20/12/02 at 22:56
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I love you too, my small friend.
Fri 20/12/02 at 18:38
Regular
"PS2 4 eva"
I love you too.
Fri 20/12/02 at 18:07
Regular
"PS2 4 eva"
Exactly.

I love you J-42!!!!
Thu 19/12/02 at 21:24
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
It gives us something to talk about, thta's the whole point of these forums.
Wed 18/12/02 at 16:10
Regular
"Notable"
Just get both. Thats the only way you can decide
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:28
Votes for The Getaway and its realism and cinematic approach... Votes for GTA-VC and its lifespan and replayablity...

Problem... Solution...

We need a blend of the two,

Grand Theft Auto - London...

Why?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.