GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vice vs Getaway"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Tue 17/12/02 at 21:06
Regular
I'm not sure if someone has done this or not. Ah well.

The Getaway -

This is the more serious of the two, and probably the shorter. You're Mark Hammand, a commited bank robber, who has just retired, and your wife has just been murdered and your son has been kidnapped, on top of this you're being framed.

There are 24 missions, 12 with Mark himself, and 12 with Frank Carter, a policeman, who has to bend the law to get his own way.Although there aren't that many missions, they are allhard, and fairly varied. When you complete the game there is the Free roam mode which you unlock, enabling some play back ability.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City -

This time you're Tommy Vercetti, and you have to find out who blew your drugs deal. Only two islands, but plenty to do; fly helicopters, use the dirtbike track, take a trip to the stadium, go to the docks, visit the strip club, or just simply cruise down ocean beach mowing down innocent civilians.

Anyway, which is better?
Tue 17/12/02 at 21:06
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I'm not sure if someone has done this or not. Ah well.

The Getaway -

This is the more serious of the two, and probably the shorter. You're Mark Hammand, a commited bank robber, who has just retired, and your wife has just been murdered and your son has been kidnapped, on top of this you're being framed.

There are 24 missions, 12 with Mark himself, and 12 with Frank Carter, a policeman, who has to bend the law to get his own way.Although there aren't that many missions, they are allhard, and fairly varied. When you complete the game there is the Free roam mode which you unlock, enabling some play back ability.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City -

This time you're Tommy Vercetti, and you have to find out who blew your drugs deal. Only two islands, but plenty to do; fly helicopters, use the dirtbike track, take a trip to the stadium, go to the docks, visit the strip club, or just simply cruise down ocean beach mowing down innocent civilians.

Anyway, which is better?
Tue 17/12/02 at 21:10
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
from what i have played of the getaway i would easily say GTA VV
Tue 17/12/02 at 21:10
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
VC i mean
Tue 17/12/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Personally, I prefer 'The Getaway'. Although I am a big GTA fan, I honestly prefer 'The Getaway' because of its realism and more cinematic approach to the gameplay.

Vice City was OK but I just cant seem to get into it, I can play it for about 10 minutes and then I start to get bored.
Tue 17/12/02 at 22:34
According to the sales charts for last week, The Getaway.
Tue 17/12/02 at 23:34
Regular
Both of them have been huge disappointments. Vice City was rushed, and The Getaway wasn't much fun, really. Personally, I've been much more pleased with my GameCube recently.
Wed 18/12/02 at 00:01
Of course GTA vice city. I have got so much fun in it. From the first two sales, it's very easy to see how famours it is: 250,000 copies!!!! Getaway doesn't make fun at all!
Wed 18/12/02 at 00:16
Regular
No Contest really.

Vice City wins hands down. I clocked up more than 30 hours on that game.

The getaway was fun while it lasted but i completed it a couple of days. And free roaming mode is just crap/boring.
Wed 18/12/02 at 12:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The Getaway for me. I find it more fun, the missions are better and the cinematic approach to the storyline works allot better than VC.

Vice City for me, was just GTA3 but with some nice improvements. The missions where better as where a few other things, except the graphics which I found to be very disappointingly glitchy most of the way through. It's a good game, but the developers should have spent more time on it to get the best out of the game.
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:28
Votes for The Getaway and its realism and cinematic approach... Votes for GTA-VC and its lifespan and replayablity...

Problem... Solution...

We need a blend of the two,

Grand Theft Auto - London...

Why?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.