GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vote YH"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/02/02 at 17:07
Regular
Because he's been here longer than most of you and writes better

Punks
Tue 12/02/02 at 22:29
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

*GAD winners were picked and posted at 6pm every day*

Was changed because of Ant and Edgy... I think. They basically moaned that they deserved games more than anyone else, but couldn't get them because they were still in school, or didn't want to pay a few pence to go on the net while it wasn't the evening or something... ;0)

*Not taglines*

That's the best thing that's happened since then, I think, the introduction of taglines.

*No notables/regular system*

Yeah, that was cool.

*No staff (that I remember!)*

I remember someone pretending to be Ali for a long time... but they were hardly around for ages.

*Only about a dozen people posted in FOG*

Now THOSE were the days. :D

*Only one FOG room*

Yup, and it ruled.

*Only one game won every day*

Well, that's cool too I suppose... not so much for SR. :0)

*Ant never used the FOG rooms!*

Yup. Him and Arty always kept to the Playstation ones, I'm pretty sure. Along with Kieron and Wookiee.

What happened to Kieron, anyway? Wookiee?
Tue 12/02/02 at 22:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> ===SONICRAV---> wrote:

*GAD winners were picked and posted at 6pm every
> day*

Was changed because of Ant and Edgy... I think. They basically moaned
> that they deserved games more than anyone else, but couldn't get them because
> they were still in school, or didn't want to pay a few pence to go on the net
> while it wasn't the evening or something... ;0)

*shocked* I never! But, I did recommend prizes get chosen next day, because of the reasons you put there. But I did NOT complain. Hmph.

*Not taglines*

That's the
> best thing that's happened since then, I think, the introduction of taglines.

Yeah, taglines can be funny, can express feelings etc. Although some say not having them makes loading faster...

*No notables/regular system*

>Yeah, that was cool.

Not as many arguments, but the elections also caused much excitement.

*No staff (that I
> remember!)*

I remember someone pretending to be Ali for a long time... but
> they were hardly around for ages.

Can't remember that, but I know that staff hardly ever posted, if at all.

*Only about a dozen people posted in
> FOG*

>THOSE were the days. :D

Heh, not sure whether to include me in that or not.

*Ant never used the FOG rooms!*

Yup. Him and Arty
> always kept to the Playstation ones, I'm pretty sure. Along with Kieron and
> Wookiee.

Yup, I guess that answers my above question. It's true, look way back at the PS2 Forum and it will be full to the brim of posts from myself, a great guy named Arty (lost contact unfortunately), Wookiee (then known as Babylonian) and Kieron (lost contact too.)
Wed 13/02/02 at 01:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Can anyone remember me?

I was around for about 2 months when I first registered. It makes sense because 600-ish days ago was when I got my first net connection at home, and the first site I went to was SR (for the E-mail address, of course). I used to talk to people in the Sony forum, but then I left because I stopped going to my grandparents...

...and then I cam back the Christmas after the PS2 was launched! It was all different! I definitely know SSXPro remembers me from then.

Ah, memories...
Wed 13/02/02 at 02:01
i was here ages ago, known as python, until my account messed up so i had to sign up again, anyways first time i posted i won a game, before edgy and he was here way before me

come may/june it would actually be my 2 year anniversary
Wed 13/02/02 at 10:54
Regular
in the first couple of weeks the prize was awarded at 4pm this was quite funny as you had an increased chance of winning as loads of people hadn't posted as they were at work or school. Some people complained that they weren't getting a fair chance and so they changed the system.
Wed 13/02/02 at 11:01
Regular
I remember proudly/sadly announcing that i had posted the 100th message in the FOG forum (sad i know but did'nt seem it at the time) then it rattled along slowly i didn't post for a few months and then it was on about 10000 it grew scarily quickly.

I also remember winning a gameaday for shutting up a load of playstation owners who said that perfect dark was going to be rubbish and nobody was looking forward to it by, pointing out that the perfect dark thread alone had more posts in it that the whole psx forum and all the games in it.
Wed 13/02/02 at 11:07
Regular
Woah! Only just seen this.

Thanks Goaty, it's an honour (no pun intended) that you'd like to see me as Notable.

Cheers!
Wed 13/02/02 at 11:10
Regular
Bah, oldies reminiscing..
Wed 13/02/02 at 11:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Can it Beardy or I'll send the tree-pixies of Bwapmingthraaaa round to steal your potions.
Wed 13/02/02 at 11:20
Regular
And I'll send Bongo the Stoned Dwarf around with a couple of random mincing elfs to steal your drums.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.