GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega and Capcom purchase confirmed, oh Daddy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/12/02 at 12:43
Regular
Woohoo follow the link

http://ads.snowball.com/advertisers (space)/procterandgamble/tremor2.html
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:33
"Uzi Lover"
Sega together with Nintendo can make probably some of the best games ever. Also a Sonic game with these two companys combined will kick my own as$.
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:31
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Ok, I should clam down. eh. I need to chat to someone on MSN instead of chatting it all over the forums. Sorry eh...
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Stop the press! You there, go out and get the champers in!

*points to nondescript looking bloke in dirty overalls who just fixes me with a blank look and then slowly shuffles out of the room*

Damn! This is the greatest news I have heard for a long time. This proves that Nintendo are really trying to get their act together. Excellent work!

*grap his twelve-bore and start firing in the air and shouting unintelligible gibberish like Top Score on a good day*

Now that my heart had stopped racing, I think I'll go and check this news first-hand to make sure I haven't been duped...
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:29
Regular
Nooo

Don't go around posting this everywhere, it's not a very good image for the Nintendo forum.

Smash Bros has always been Nintendo owned characters, so I guess that would include Sonic now.
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:27
Regular
I just posted this in the Sony forum :)

I just thought they should know. hehe...

However this is great news! This news is better then Megaton it self!
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:26
"Uzi Lover"
Wicked, I want a kick as$ 2D fighter made by Capcom.

I demand it.

Oh and does this mean SOnic can be in something like Super Smash Bros now? Or is that not allowed?
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:22
Regular
from ign.com:
Nintendo announced their acquisition of Capcom and Sega today at a press conference in Kyoto, Japan. The two companies will now become first-party developers for Nintendo and provide them with exclusive content.
"We are very excited about the possibilities that this deal opens up for us", said Nintendo president Satoru Iwata. "We had been building a very strong relationship with these companies since early last year [laughs]".

Capcom and Sega's unfinished projects for other consoles will be now cancelled, or perhaps re-worked to be released on the Nintendo GameCube, industry insiders say.

Nintendo declined to comment what projects the newly acquired first parties would be working on, but current rumors indicate that online games will be a major part of any future projects.
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:22
Regular
Syphonical wrote:
> Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> I have a reason for not being in school today...k?
>
> Havn't you broken up for crimbo yet?

Today was the last day and breaks up at 2:30pm

*Sigh*
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:17
Regular
I have a reason for not being in school today...k?
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:16
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Oh my erm... GOD!
Capcom and Sega BOUGHT by NINTENDO!
If this is true my teeth'll drop out.
(CRACK, Teeth just knocked out by rogue cricket ball)

Dear me, if this was announced 2 years ago the industry would have torn itself apart.

*Message STILL sinking in*

Who would of thought....

Still PS2 Resi Evil Online is kind of non-existant now then, no more waving of this in our faces (We might get Devil May Cry too if we're lucky?)

Still, first-person developers aren't a bad thing to have. I wondered where the 240 million for Rare was gonna go! :)
Now we know!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.