GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox to win war"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/12/02 at 13:59
Regular
Having used both PS2 and XBox, I can say that the XBox is the better option. Better graphics, better sound (digital 5.1), great DVD player (makes the ps2 one look very poor), and some great games. Splinter Cell is 10/10. Halo was also cool. And the XBox does this easily. It's got loads of spare power. This is the problem for Sony. I think games like GT3, GTA3, VC, and The Getaway all push the PS2 to it's limit. Can't see PS2 games getting any better. But XBox WILL steam ahead with new games next year thanks to the extra power. Plus, you got BroadBand built in - on line at proper speeds. This will be awesome.
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:59
Regular
Having used both PS2 and XBox, I can say that the XBox is the better option. Better graphics, better sound (digital 5.1), great DVD player (makes the ps2 one look very poor), and some great games. Splinter Cell is 10/10. Halo was also cool. And the XBox does this easily. It's got loads of spare power. This is the problem for Sony. I think games like GT3, GTA3, VC, and The Getaway all push the PS2 to it's limit. Can't see PS2 games getting any better. But XBox WILL steam ahead with new games next year thanks to the extra power. Plus, you got BroadBand built in - on line at proper speeds. This will be awesome.
Wed 18/12/02 at 14:01
Regular
Doesn't mean it's gonna win the war though.

N64 and Dreamcast where much more powerful than the PS1, the PS1 still managed to steamroll over them though.
Wed 18/12/02 at 14:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
*Apparently*, Splinter Cell isn't all its cracked up to be. Some people have been telling that for most of the game, you shoot someone and the mission is failed. I know it's stealth-based, but I prefer MGS where you're allowed to make your own choices most of the time...

Might be wrong though, dunno where they got their info from.

And is it just me...or is Halo really not that special?
Wed 18/12/02 at 14:12
Or†ega wrote:
> Hell ye, i'd defintely use an xbox if i waz goin into war.
>
> you could scare the enemy with the magical green blob.

LOL :)

Why?
Wed 18/12/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Or?ega wrote:
> Hell ye, i'd defintely use an xbox if i waz goin into war.
>
> you could scare the enemy with the magical green blob.

Alternativly use it as a tank :)
Wed 18/12/02 at 14:29
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Doesn't mean it's gonna win the war though.
>
> N64 and Dreamcast where much more powerful than the PS1, the PS1 still
> managed to steamroll over them though.

Just wait for the PS2 games to dry up later next year. Then it's a choice between GC and XBox. And with XBox Live starting next year, Nintendo doesnt stand a chance!
Wed 18/12/02 at 14:47
Regular
Ant wrote:
> *Apparently*, Splinter Cell isn't all its cracked up to be. Some
> people have been telling that for most of the game, you shoot someone
> and the mission is failed. I know it's stealth-based, but I prefer MGS
> where you're allowed to make your own choices most of the time...
>
> Might be wrong though, dunno where they got their info from.
>
> And is it just me...or is Halo really not that special?

When you have a lacklustre line-up like the Xbox any game of note is gonna be overrated.
Wed 18/12/02 at 14:49
Regular
XBox users are getting DOOM 3. You can't over hype that one. Might even be online!
Wed 18/12/02 at 14:51
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
In my view Halo is not a good game, due to one reason. 1st person shooters belong on PC's. On consoles they have fiddly control systems.

Willyum

P.S. Omit GoldenEye on N64 from above statement, it is the only one that has worked.
Wed 18/12/02 at 15:39
Regular
"Festivus!"
X=Box winning the console war? Not a chance.

People are buying the GC becasue it has class games.

The only way the X-Box can attract users is by almost giving the console away.

Go Figure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.