GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How sad can WWF get ?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/02/02 at 13:10
Regular
I think, personly, that WWF is pretty sad. All the fighting moves are fake and all the people that watch it have nothing better to do with their time. Okay, so the bloods real, but who want's to make a living but cutting themselves open and fighting with sweaty men
Tue 12/02/02 at 17:11
Regular
"Guess who..."
I'll choke you out!
Tue 12/02/02 at 16:59
And if I don't.
Tue 12/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Pokémon Hater. Us here in Forum WWF have decided we are a hater of Pokémon Hater.

So PLEASE, bu**er off.
Tue 12/02/02 at 16:29
AfroJoe wrote:
> 1. Shut up.
2. Go away.
3. Don't come back.

Are you talking to me?
Tue 12/02/02 at 16:08
AmirM wrote:
> I think, personly, that WWF is pretty sad. All the fighting moves are fake and
> all the people that watch it have nothing better to do with their time. Okay, so
> the bloods real, but who want's to make a living but cutting themselves open and
> fighting with sweaty men

Thank you so much for taking the time and the effort of logging into a WWF forum, and sharing your insightful views with us.

I think you'll find, that most people here have some interest in wrestling, and therefore probably will not agree with your point of view.

I assume I speak for most wrestling fans when I say, that those who view wrestling as 'gay', 'sad' or 'just sweaty men in lycra, cuddling', really have not taken the time to examine it as entertainment.

I am not a soap opera fan, however the plots of Eastenders, Coronation Street are very much akin to the 'angles' and storylines running constantly through WWF scheduling. Characters develop and grow, plots twist and turn, fan favourites become bad guys and those you thought irredeemable begin to be respected and liked, very much like the soap opera characters that millions (and millions!) of people watch daily.

Wrestling is a form of entertainment, taking the best parts of soap operas, sporting events, and even panto (the crowd participation adds much to the exciting), and blending them into a brash, bold, larger than life, exciting spectacle

However, as well as having to be excellent actors (with all the learning of lines etc that entails), wrestlers also have to be awesome athletes. The actual wrestling, while everybody knows has pre-ordained results, is still extremely punishing, strenuous, and most of the time painful. People have been crippled, bones broken, ears ripped off and wrestlers have died in the ring. Most wrestlers currently on TV have spent years (and in some cases decades), perfecting their art. For this they deserve a hell of lot of respect.

Add to this the incredible personal sacrifice these men make. They are on the road for the majority of the year, making their home lifes extremely difficult.

Give them some credit, they work very hard to entertain people. And as for why they do it, why do most people go into show busines? Fame and lots of money, and they deserve plenty of both!!

So please, if you don't like wrestling, don't come into a WWF forum and rubbish it, just don't watch it. I'm not a fan of musicals, but I don't ridicule people who are, and I certainly wouldn't dream of ridiculing the artists who star in them.

I'm sure you've got better things to do with your time.
Tue 12/02/02 at 15:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
1. Shut up.
2. Go away.
3. Don't come back.
Tue 12/02/02 at 15:24
AmirM wrote:
> I think, personly, that WWF is pretty sad. All the fighting moves are fake and
> all the people that watch it have nothing better to do with their time. Okay, so
> the bloods real, but who want's to make a living but cutting themselves open and
> fighting with sweaty men

Real men don't fear anything plus the pay for wrestling is great.
Tue 12/02/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Guess who..."
...shut up.
Tue 12/02/02 at 13:10
Regular
I think, personly, that WWF is pretty sad. All the fighting moves are fake and all the people that watch it have nothing better to do with their time. Okay, so the bloods real, but who want's to make a living but cutting themselves open and fighting with sweaty men

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.