GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mafia longest thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mafia'.
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:53
Regular
The game that changed my pc life and i want to start a thread on it MAFIA rocks!!!!!!!
Wed 15/01/03 at 12:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I can't say I have, but I have heard rumours about a multiplayer mode being added with the patch that'll eventually get released. Still a rumour though.
Tue 14/01/03 at 17:14
Regular
"Colourless"
Yeah everything from the plot to the music was brilliant. I heard that they are making a cd of all the music in the game. Has anyone else heard that?
Tue 07/01/03 at 11:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
II hope the developers release and add-on pack or a sequel, because after I finished the game I had a craving for more. I suppose I could always keep a look out for extra levels and mods on the internet though.
Fri 03/01/03 at 02:20
Regular
"I see you"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Although I was sick of it by the end, I did really enjoy the racing
> level. First time a game has really challenged me in YEARS (not since
> the days of the SNES)

True, i know what your saying as most games out today are just 'run into a room pick up a gun and shoot someone'. I think i would have enjoyed Mafia alot better if it wasn't for the racing level.
Fri 03/01/03 at 02:18
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> A friend of mine tells me that there is a secret on the race track
> which when you enter puts you back at the starting line, skipping half
> the track. I don't know if it's true or not though, but it'll be
> something I'll look out for when get around to playing the game again.

Yeah there is, i think it's between the two rocks. Although i completed it the hard way and believe me it's bloody hard, especially when you think your ahead then you lose it on a corner.
Fri 03/01/03 at 02:01
Regular
"That's right!"
Although I was sick of it by the end, I did really enjoy the racing level. First time a game has really challenged me in YEARS (not since the days of the SNES)
Thu 02/01/03 at 16:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
A friend of mine tells me that there is a secret on the race track which when you enter puts you back at the starting line, skipping half the track. I don't know if it's true or not though, but it'll be something I'll look out for when get around to playing the game again.
Wed 01/01/03 at 23:00
Regular
"I see you"
I'll tell you this, the race level on Mafia was so bloody frustrating i nearly ended up bald from tearing out my hair. I also wanted to get hold of the guy who decided to put that part in the game and ring his next or her if it was a women.
Wed 01/01/03 at 20:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I just cheated on that racing level, I downloaded a save file which picked up 'after' the race. I just couldn't be bothered with it, I just wanted to get on with the game.
Wed 01/01/03 at 11:33
Regular
"I see you"
I did think it had one of the best endings i've seen in a game. How many times do you see your game character as an old man, watering his lawn then two guys shooting him as an act of revenge? Not many!

As i said before though it was really the racing level that spoilt the game for me, as it was really frustrating and it made me really hate that game for a while. I've still got it though but i've not played on it in months now, i think i'll have to go back and try my hand at racing again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.