GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wow, Xbox finally doing well sales wise it seems"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/12/02 at 00:32
Regular
I normaly hold no major significance to sales reports, but when I read this at planetxbox, I was shocked at how well Xbox was doing...so it seems for now anyway.

Apparantly, NPD reported that Xbox outsold GC for the seventh month in a row in the US, despite Metroid being released. Xbox Live had a major impact, selling 80% better than the PS2 adapter, selling out on release and shifting over 300,000 xbox live games in the month of november.

In Europe, chartrack reported for every one GC sold there are 2 xboxs.

And I almost fainted when I saw MS has sold, wait for it... a HUGE...

13, 400 Xboxs last week in Japan! Ok, so GC shifted 67, 000 and PS2 over 100,000 but anyway, its a big jump from previous weekly tallies.

Should be interesting to see how long this holds up, and if titles like Panzer Draggon Orta can turn the tide in Japan. Anyway, things are looking up, over the summer months xbox owners we forever told of how badly it was doing, at least now theres a nice feeling that xbox is shifting numbers to ensure its around for a good while yet.
Sun 22/12/02 at 13:11
Regular
Good games = good sales and that is why I believe the Xbox is now beating the GameCube is sales. I am not saying the GameCube doesn't have any good games because it does, but the majority of the good games are on the Xbox console and as far as the release list goes for next year I can see it continuing this way. Good old Microsoft I knew they wouldn't fault me!
Sun 22/12/02 at 00:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
1 - Game Boy advance 241,600 (2,821,400)
2 - PlayStation 2 115,200 (3,357,200)
3 - Gamecube 67,500 (1,052,300)
4 - Xbox 13,400 (296,200)
5 - Psone 2,800 (213,300)

Those are the actual Japanese sales for last week.

PML@GBA!

Go you crazy crazy handheld. Thats more GBA's than the four consoles placed together.
Sun 22/12/02 at 00:32
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I normaly hold no major significance to sales reports, but when I read this at planetxbox, I was shocked at how well Xbox was doing...so it seems for now anyway.

Apparantly, NPD reported that Xbox outsold GC for the seventh month in a row in the US, despite Metroid being released. Xbox Live had a major impact, selling 80% better than the PS2 adapter, selling out on release and shifting over 300,000 xbox live games in the month of november.

In Europe, chartrack reported for every one GC sold there are 2 xboxs.

And I almost fainted when I saw MS has sold, wait for it... a HUGE...

13, 400 Xboxs last week in Japan! Ok, so GC shifted 67, 000 and PS2 over 100,000 but anyway, its a big jump from previous weekly tallies.

Should be interesting to see how long this holds up, and if titles like Panzer Draggon Orta can turn the tide in Japan. Anyway, things are looking up, over the summer months xbox owners we forever told of how badly it was doing, at least now theres a nice feeling that xbox is shifting numbers to ensure its around for a good while yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.