GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bad"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/02/02 at 10:25
Regular
I was just going on about my website and everything and how I don't have enough time for it. When.....the entire thing gets damn well deleted.

Because of a certain member on here being somewhat of an idiot, I just paid to get the password changed (Yes, I had to pay). Anyways, after a week of waiting, they finally do it. But at what consequence I hear you say. Well, not only did they delete the entire account. Not only did they not delete the old password, but, they damn well degraded my from my package.

I ain't gonna mention the companies name, as SR would probably delete it, it ain't Freeola anyways so there is nothing to worry about. I just wanted to say, this is down right unacceptable and I'm darn annoyed with it all. £106 spent with this company so get my site and change the password and they freaking well degrade me?!?! What's all that about? £10 says they no longer reply to my e-mails.
Sun 10/02/02 at 12:35
Regular
""
That's some crap luck man!
Sun 10/02/02 at 12:31
Regular
"Wasting away"
Right. I've got everything back on the site now. But, the damn forums and database which had this scipt in it, which has taken someone 4 weeks to make, has no been deleted. Everything is wrong. My 1,500 posts on the forums, GONE!!! My users, GONE!! EVERYTHING IS ALL WRONG!!!!!!

ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I'm pretty sure that deleting the site is against the rules. Charging for a password change is pretty bad as well. My sister has a FREE domain name from 'freenetname' (they don't give them away anymore). She gets all the normal services, no adverts, and DOESN'T get charged for changing her password. She also gets something like 50MB of space!

Have they got a phone number that you can ring them on, and give them an earful.
I never got chance to visit your site either, I heard good things about it, but never got around to visiting it.

I hope you have it on backup. HITMEN, thats it, hire hitmen. :D
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:42
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
That sucks Tom - sorry to hear it. I'll get the stick.

What?
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:38
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I trust you took backup copies of all your files?
Nope none of us do, shouldn't they compensate you in some way as they aren't providing the service they argeed to provide, I would look into that if I were you.

Bad luck to hear about that, I know how long it took to get it going, If you need a hand again with re-doing it give us a shout.
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Wasting away"
"And phhhhh, just like that. It's gone"
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:28
Regular
""
And I'll bring the feather duster!
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'll bring the laxative.....

maybe not.....
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:20
Regular
BLOODY HELL! I love that site. Right, I'm getting the shotgun.
Sun 10/02/02 at 10:44
Regular
""
Annabelle get the shotgun!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.