GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want to swap my ps2 for another ps2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/02/02 at 00:53
Regular
Hi i have a older playstation 2 model number 30004 and would like to swap for a SCPH 3000xR that's a 3000x or 3000R as i have a ps2 game development kit i imported, but i got the wrong one and the kit and my ps2 arnt compatable? anyone help???
Thu 14/02/02 at 14:30
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The trouble is that you go to argos, buy a PS2, swap it with your old one, take it back and they give you another PS2, in stead of a refund. You might as well just buy one.
Thu 14/02/02 at 09:17
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Good one fuby, i bet that would prob work if i could be bothered, but sounds like way to much effort, and hassle down my local Argos
Wed 13/02/02 at 16:13
you know the old argos trick by a console swap it and return it for a full refund the bimbo on the counter usually does'nt check the ps2 but i'm sure won't check the version. only kidding don't try this it's dishonest.
Wed 13/02/02 at 00:23
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Don't worry i've eaten part of him for that.

MMMMMMMMMMMM Bacon
Mon 11/02/02 at 16:31
DUHHHHHHhhhhhhhHHhhHH Bacon!!
lol, sorry, had 2 laff at him!
Mon 11/02/02 at 12:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
bacon wrote:
> why in the world do u want to swap your playstation 2 for? ARE YOU MAD!! you have one and u want another one. why ?? what is the point they are all the same

So you didn't bother to read the post then? Try taking the time to read posts especially when there is a faily good explanation of the problem.
Mon 11/02/02 at 11:41
why in the world do u want to swap your playstation 2 for? ARE YOU MAD!! you have one and u want another one. why ?? what is the point they are all the same
Mon 11/02/02 at 01:24
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Hmmmmm chipping is risky, take a look at mod-chip.com for info on chips and chipping, although it is still a bit risky as it could ruin the whole machine.
Sun 10/02/02 at 23:36
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Apparently there is one other alternative, to get it "chipped" with some direct boot thingy, apparently then i could use some usb equipment with the ps2 linking to my pc, but need ability to run special piece of software on cdr? i dont really know much about this anyone help????
Sun 10/02/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
G®åpô²ºº¹ wrote:
> True but still is a newer one much better?

Well yeah, if you have an old PS2 its more likly to be used more, with a higher chance that it could break. Also newer models have various improvements, like the better DVD drivers. But there can be a downside, region-x isnt suppose to work with the brand new models at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.