GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DEFINITIVE GAMES TOPIC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/12/02 at 22:07
Regular
Lately, I have been getting back into gaming... big time.

I've been doing everything in my power to owning the largest range of consoles and games posible. NiGHTS on the Saturn. Sonic on the Mega Drive. Halo on the Xbox.

So, in this topic, I hope to create the definitive list of games that any hardcore gamer should have played - with your help of course. But before I start on the list, here's a definition for you:

"A definitive game is one that revolutionises, defines or creates great gaming experiences. It must either cause an existing genre to evolve, often spawning leagues of copies and setting a benchmark that stands for at least a console generation, or must develop a new genre or gaming style"

As such, good, or even great, games do not make the list. The game has to be one of such brilliance that other game designers will try to emulate its success (although this need not be success in sales terms).

So, your homework for the holidays is to produce such a list of me. So far I have some obvious titles to help guide you:

N64:

*Mario 64 - invented 3D gaming as well as setting a benchmark in the platform gaming genre.

*Zelda OOT - added to the technical brilliance of Mario by defining 3D real-time combat, as well as being one of the greatest games ever made in its own right.

Now go my minions, and return with games are explanation why they should make the list. The full list will appear early next year.

Sonic
Sat 28/12/02 at 03:38
Regular
DreamWarBird wrote:
> not sure if its mentioned...
>
> Road Rash 2?
>
> Pretty amazing in its day!

at least some 1 is right for a change
Sat 28/12/02 at 03:36
Regular
"All about the Beats"
not sure if its mentioned...

Road Rash 2?

Pretty amazing in its day!
Sat 28/12/02 at 00:57
Regular
awake* obviously
Sat 28/12/02 at 00:56
Regular
Drunk Cow wrote:
> WS wrote:
> uhh
>
> Jetpak
>
> What are you still doing awake?!!!!! :-0

uhh..

It's the sacrifice of an international girlfriend.

I was 24 hours yesterday, go me
Sat 28/12/02 at 00:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
DanDaGr8 wrote:
> Pacman
> Frogger
> Centipede
> Street Fighter 2
> Space Invaders
> Defender

These all make it... although Centripede may be removed to make space... I've decided that the list shouldn't be bigger than 50 games

Sonic
Sat 28/12/02 at 00:28
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
cookie monster wrote:
> Spinning bird kick.
>
> I used to do that move just to try and cop a look at Chun Li's pants.

lol, classic move, showing how perverted kids (y'know us back then) were
Sat 28/12/02 at 00:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Spinning bird kick.

I used to do that move just to try and cop a look at Chun Li's pants.
Sat 28/12/02 at 00:27
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
cookie monster wrote:
> Street fighter was so sweet.

yep there wasnothing more satisfing than blasting Zangrief with a HADOKEN the nailing the fat russian git with one of Ryu's massive upper cuts

J-42 wrote:
> I never played that, i'm only 13.
>
> Myfriends brother used to be obsessed with it.

tch kids these days, haven't lived.
Sat 28/12/02 at 00:24
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I never played that, i'm only 13.

Myfriends brother used to be obsessed with it.
Sat 28/12/02 at 00:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Street fighter was so sweet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.