GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ali"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/02/02 at 08:40
Regular
I'm going to see this on Sunday.

Do you reckon it will be any good?

Apparently in the boxing scenes the actors are really going for it. Hope so, because it was quite apparent in the Rocky movies that they weren't making contact.

Will Smith did 10 months training before filming began, but I guess he would have had to, as I always saw him as being quite lanky, where Ali was nowt like that.

Anyway, I'll let you know my opinion on Monday.
Wed 13/02/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
They have a review of Ali today at 7pm on that Movie chart show on Channel 5.
Mon 11/02/02 at 09:00
Regular
"That's right!"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> I haven't seen a great deal of movies in this last year, so don't really know
> how his performance compares to others, but ignoring whatever the competition
> may be, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a nomination.

He's a convincing
> Ali, which, given his more comedic past, is quite an achievement.

-------------

And the fact that he looks nothing like him! OK, so they've done his hair to look like Ali, but when I first heard Smith would be playing him, all those years ago (well, one or two) I also laughed
Mon 11/02/02 at 08:43
Regular
"not dead"
I haven't seen a great deal of movies in this last year, so don't really know how his performance compares to others, but ignoring whatever the competition may be, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a nomination.

He's a convincing Ali, which, given his more comedic past, is quite an achievement.
Mon 11/02/02 at 07:46
Regular
Sodo you think Smith will be deserving of an Oscar nomination?
Sun 10/02/02 at 23:18
Regular
"not dead"
It's not on general release until 22nd Feb, but I saw it this morning anyway.

It was good. Not excellent, but good.

If you know absolutely nothing about Mohammed Ali, you might not enjoy it so much, as it does asume you have some knowledge.

And maybe at times it concentrates too much on his wives than other things, such as how his parents felt at his name change. We saw a little of this, but not enough.

The fighting talk was excellent, but as it was taken from pretty much what Ali had said, it was always going to be. Smith delivers it brilliantly, though.

Decent movie, don't go in expecting to see a mindless movie with some boxing in it, and you should enjoy it.
Sat 09/02/02 at 07:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> allardini wrote:
> I think it will be good, coz it hasn't been hyped up too
> much, and has a good
> actor as main character...

You must be Shaneo to
> be that stupid. Will Smith is a poor actor.

Excuse me?

He may not be Kevin Spacey, but he's still good

I certainly wouldn't say he was "poor"
Sat 09/02/02 at 07:48
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
allardini wrote:
> I think it will be good, coz it hasn't been hyped up too much, and has a good
> actor as main character...

You must be Shaneo to be that stupid. Will Smith is a poor actor.
Fri 08/02/02 at 22:25
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I think it will be good, coz it hasn't been hyped up too much, and has a good actor as main character and a good director
Fri 08/02/02 at 22:11
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
It's directed by Michael Mann, whose name actually gets a larger font size than Will Smith's on some posters for the film. He directed Heat which rocked. So it might be quite good.

If you want a good recent boxing film though, go for Girlfight, it's about a girl boxer but it's a damn good film, and Michelle Rodriguez is amazing in it.

Ultimately, though, Raging Bull owns all other boxing films.
Fri 08/02/02 at 16:20
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Oh yeah and I have met Will smith before, nice guy! got an autograph and he touched my hat (making it my lucky hat). I wish I had a camera that day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.