GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I like sum 41 and i'm proud"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/02/02 at 21:57
Regular
It is true that I do have a liking for sum 41 and I am proud. I cannot stand people who go 'oh theyre just another nu-metal band, repeating what a million others have done before, and just in it to make some money'. Yes sum 41 are another nu-metal band, like there's gonna be one nu-metal band in the whole world. No they dont't repeat what others have done, the reason it sounds similar is because it's the same goddamn genre. If you actually bothered to listen to the songs properly rather than just thinking 'oh, 3 guitars and a drummer, that's not music', then you would realise that all their guitar solos r original, complex and good. you have to actually listen rather than just writing it off because theres a lot of guitars. I myself could listen to fat lip all day, the guitar solos in it r superb. And finally, yes im sure they are making a lot of money out of it, but name me one group that you know that is homeless or on the dole. just because you don't like this music don't mean you have any reason to slate it. People don't like the music you listen to, it doesn't mean they slate it. Everyone has different tastes, get over it. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. However, if you can be bothered to actually listen to it properly, give it a go, u might enjoy it. But dont slate it because you don't like, a lot of people do, and a lot of people liking it is good even when even more people don't.
Fri 08/02/02 at 18:08
Regular
Ska Punk is the best type of punk.
Fri 08/02/02 at 17:58
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Ant wrote:
> ash_davie2k wrote:

I think that there next
> album will blow major goats,
> becuase they have to appeal to the people who call
> themselves fans. The
> best way to tell if your a true fan or not is if you All
> Killer No Filler
> album has the black cover. If it has the blue cover then you've
> jumped on
> the bandwagon and are not a true fan.

Hey, I'd never heard of Sum 41 before
> I saw In Too Deep on MTV around 2 months ago, and then I went straight to
> Woolies and brought the album, and I love it. I'll definitely be buying any
> others they release.

So, did I jump on the bandwagon??

I too heard of Sum 41 a long time ago, about 4 months ago, I think. I think that All Killer No Filler should be called One Killer All Filler, because I thought that badly of the album. I enjoyed Fat Lip, Pain for Pleasure, In Too Deep and Motivation, but the rest I found to be dysmal, many of which were fillers. I also find their voices annoying, in that its completely "Californified" and the lead singer looks like he wants to eat the microphone on the videos. One more thing, their names! Brown Stuff, Steveo 32, Cone? What?

Apart from that, I like them ;)
Fri 08/02/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Sibs wrote:
> Salvatore wrote:
> dont want to brust your bubble but sum41 are punk rock
> not nu-metal.And i like
> sum41 and a proud of it to!

If you're gonna
> correct someone at least get the correction right!!! Sum41 are a Pop-Punk band.
> Punk Rock would be stuff like Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, Consumed...

They've only really become a pop-punk band since become recognised by everyone, and selling themselves on TV.
I have a bad feeling that album no.3 will suck, and be nothing compared to no.1 or 2! DAMN POP MUSIC!!
Fri 08/02/02 at 17:44
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
oh, and people who jump on the bandwagon are not those who get into a band when it is popular, it is those who forget about the band when they are not popular. When all the 'fans' who like these bands because they are big find another 'cool' fad, you'll see who the real fans are.
Fri 08/02/02 at 17:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Salvatore wrote:
> dont want to brust your bubble but sum41 are punk rock not nu-metal.And i like
> sum41 and a proud of it to!

If you're gonna correct someone at least get the correction right!!! Sum41 are a Pop-Punk band. Punk Rock would be stuff like Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, Consumed...
Fri 08/02/02 at 15:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
ash_davie2k wrote:

I think that there next
> album will blow major goats, becuase they have to appeal to the people who call
> themselves fans. The best way to tell if your a true fan or not is if you All
> Killer No Filler album has the black cover. If it has the blue cover then you've
> jumped on the bandwagon and are not a true fan.

Hey, I'd never heard of Sum 41 before I saw In Too Deep on MTV around 2 months ago, and then I went straight to Woolies and brought the album, and I love it. I'll definitely be buying any others they release.

So, did I jump on the bandwagon??
Fri 08/02/02 at 14:58
I've liked Sum 41 since there first album was released way back in 2000. I loved there guitar solo's, there lyrics and there image. I then got there new album on the day of its release. I loved it and I still do.

Lately though I have come to find that there released singles in the charts and now anybody whos anybody knows who they are. I hate how when the band becomes popular they go downhill. Lots of the times when I speak to fellow 'fans' they dont even know they released two albums. It makes me sick. When I went to America I bought their t-shirt becuase they were impossible to find here in the UK, now Virgin Megastore, HMV and about every other shop has them.

I think that there next album will blow major goats, becuase they have to appeal to the people who call themselves fans. The best way to tell if your a true fan or not is if you All Killer No Filler album has the black cover. If it has the blue cover then you've jumped on the bandwagon and are not a true fan. The music industry sucks, |bet most of the people who own the blue covered album also have Pete Tongs essential mix, which was the fad last year.
Fri 08/02/02 at 11:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I like Sum41 too, and i'm also proud of it!
How can you mistake the punkers for n-metalers??? Okay they have guitars, but listen to their music!
I haven't got either of their albums, but I think they're both great, from what i've heard live on MTV2.

I also hope that they don't become a pop band, and create absolutely pants music!! It's happened to Limp Bizkit and the Stereophonics already, I just hope it doesn't take it's effect with punk!
Fri 08/02/02 at 08:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> This is a Movie and Music forum not a problem page.

Yep, Sum 41 area music band, so this is the right place.

And yes, I agree Sum 41 are great. Better than *AHEM* O-Town *AHEM* anyway. {:)
Thu 07/02/02 at 22:54
fair enuff, not that it matters. i don't care what genre it is, if i like it ill listen to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.