GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I like sum 41 and i'm proud"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/02/02 at 21:57
Regular
It is true that I do have a liking for sum 41 and I am proud. I cannot stand people who go 'oh theyre just another nu-metal band, repeating what a million others have done before, and just in it to make some money'. Yes sum 41 are another nu-metal band, like there's gonna be one nu-metal band in the whole world. No they dont't repeat what others have done, the reason it sounds similar is because it's the same goddamn genre. If you actually bothered to listen to the songs properly rather than just thinking 'oh, 3 guitars and a drummer, that's not music', then you would realise that all their guitar solos r original, complex and good. you have to actually listen rather than just writing it off because theres a lot of guitars. I myself could listen to fat lip all day, the guitar solos in it r superb. And finally, yes im sure they are making a lot of money out of it, but name me one group that you know that is homeless or on the dole. just because you don't like this music don't mean you have any reason to slate it. People don't like the music you listen to, it doesn't mean they slate it. Everyone has different tastes, get over it. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. However, if you can be bothered to actually listen to it properly, give it a go, u might enjoy it. But dont slate it because you don't like, a lot of people do, and a lot of people liking it is good even when even more people don't.
Mon 11/02/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I'm a peasant already?

AND my views on Sum41 differ from yours?

I'd better start running :D
Mon 11/02/02 at 17:58
Regular
You like Sum 41, and you're proud. Fair enough.

I think they're crap. That's my opinion, and I'm proud of that.

So can't we all just get along? :0)
Sun 10/02/02 at 22:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Damn you...you got my suger while I was out, didn't you?

*munches happily*
Sun 10/02/02 at 22:12
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Damn you...you got my suger while I was out, didn't you?
Sun 10/02/02 at 15:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> First off – big LOL at Ant, because the album he has is the second album.

No one LOL's at me. You better keep an eye on your sugar matey.

Also, I love the album. I don't care if it's the second one, it's still great.
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:58
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Schwen wrote:
> mouldy cheese, get a goddamn life. you're a loser. did you
> not listen to
> anything i have been saying?

Yes, I listened.

And I
> disagreed with you. That isn't to say you are wrong, we just have different
> points of view.

Schwen, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether you agree with it or not. Face the facts, and if you don't like it, don't reply. Problem solved.
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:39
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Replying to the first post here....

DAMN RIGHT!!
And well said.

I like Sum41 too but I'm not.....errr...proud of it.
Fri 08/02/02 at 19:32
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Schwen wrote:
> mouldy cheese, get a goddamn life. you're a loser. did you not listen to
> anything i have been saying?

Yes, I listened.

And I disagreed with you. That isn't to say you are wrong, we just have different points of view.
Fri 08/02/02 at 18:51
mouldy cheese, get a goddamn life. you're a loser. did you not listen to anything i have been saying?
Fri 08/02/02 at 18:32
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
First off – big LOL at Ant, because the album he has is the second album. Find the first before you wait for any new releases. And another chuckle at ash_davie, for thinking that the cover of the album determines how hardcore a fan you are.

Now then…I got this album burnt from one of my damn dirty mainstream friends. It, for some reason, has the last two seconds of each track cut off.

I am glad as hell that I didn’t waste 12 hard earned pounds on this diabolical piece of monkey/rat hybrid feces.

As is usual for a Mouldy Cheese CD review – track by track analysis of the worst album in my CD collection. This is a collection that contains a Vengaboys album. I could probably just leave it at that, but that won’t win me many prizes…

For starters, the Cd has one of those damn annoying PC video things, meaning that you can listen to it on your computer.

Track One – Intro. Spoof heavy metal thing… scary voice with bells in the background. I will never, ever see the point in these things. They're OK the first time you listen to them, but after 200 plays they start to grate just a teeny bit. See – 2001 by Dr. Dre. There is a fine example of messing an album up with skits.

Track Two – Nothing On My Back. When you think of opening tracks, you think of quality. You think Enter Sandman, you thing Teen Spirit, you think Airbag. You do not think of poor vocals set to a beat that could probably be an inbuilt one on a Yamaha keyboard. It’s so generic, it hurts. It does have one thing in common with a great opener – you can barely distinguish the lyrics.

Track Three – Never Wake Up. Loud, shouty, and lasts all of one minute. I would say that it disrupts the flow of the album, but then that would be implying that the album actually showed some kind of artistic/musical ability. As the piece of poo it is, it fits right in. Lyric of choice – “I plan on never waking up”. Hopefully, the guy doesn’t sing in his sleep.

Track Four – Fat Lip. Actually a decent track, believe it or not. However, chances are you’ll have heard it played waaay too many times on radio, so you’ll hate it. The guitar riff is fair enough, and the vocals aren’t as offensive to the ears as they are throughout the rest of the album. One lyric shows just how ROCK this album is – “Because you don’t know us at all, we laugh when old people fall’. ROCK ON! Bet you’ve got Metallica shaking in their boots with that one boys. Stupid slow bit in the middle as well. But still alright.

Track Five – Rhythms. Did you know that rhythm is the only word in the English language that has no vowels? By this track, if you have the cheek to call Sum41 anything that does not contain the word ‘pop’, you deserve a good spanking. That is, unless the word is a four letter expletive. “I know what I want, and that’s more than you can say”, says the singer. I know what I want, and it involves the OFF button on my CD player.

Track Six – Motivation. Not that bad, I suppose. Fair enough riff, tuneful. Not world class, but would do alright as a filler track on any decent album. Speaking of filler…anyone else feel that the album title was being literal when it called the album ‘All Killer’?

Track Seven – In Too Deep. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.

*deep breaths*

OK. Sorry about that. Something just comes over me when I hear this. Surprised this hasn’t caused anyone to go on a murderous rampage, actually. “I'm in too deep, and I’m trying to keep up above in my head’. Pap would be the best word to use now. Moving swiftly on…

Track Eight – Summer.
“Somewhere in the head, is the back of the mind”. Seems good, but chances are that is only because of the incredibly bad track preceding it. The vocals are good, for the first time on the album. I have a long-winded theory that this album is actually a bizarre form of torture, and that this (and the following track) are put in to stop your ears bleeding. If they were not, you would die of bloodloss.

Track Nine – Handle This. My savior. The one track that I would consider worthy of a self-made compilation CD. Pants lyrics, but after eight tracks worth of pants lyrics it really isn’t that noticeable. Heh…I can’t actually think of anything else to say about this track. Just go and download it. If you like it, stay away from the rest of the album. If you don’t like it, still stay away.

Track Ten – Crazy Amanda Bunkface. Stupid title, worse song. The whole album is starting to blur into one big, chaotic splurge, with the shining brilliance of Handle This standing out from the crowd.

Track Eleven – All She’s Got. Makes me want to jump off of a bridge. More people will have heard this track than will have heard any Counting Crows music. So…amazingly…the same. It’s getting reminiscent of a garage album now.

Track Twelve – Heart Attack. Aw…so sweet. Ending with a slow track. How nice and peace…AHHHH! After a good chilled start, Sum41 decide to start shouting and rambling about waking up being hard to do.

Track Thirteen – Pain for pleasure. Another track taking the urine out of heavy metal. Ironically enough, this track is damn good! If you’ve seen the end of the Fat Lip video, this is the bit tacked on the end.

So, thankyou Sum41 for wasting a valuable blank CD.

A miserable 1 star. Not even Handle This can save it.

Cheese over and out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.