GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PS2 Is Closer Than Ever"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/09/00 at 20:53
Regular
with just over one month left until the awaited arrival of the ps2 to British shores, will it be what we expected or will it be a dissapointment like the hyped Perfect dark game???
This console will have almost everything you want except for a cup holder but unless the consoles elevated by a couple of strings or on a shelf there should be a small place for your drink.
The console brings new light on the name "New Generation Console" the dreamcast was good at the time, but failed due to bad advertising which seems to make alot of differnce with todays market, although it had fast graphics and the new idea of internet games on a console which is extreemly popular with PC gamers. the PS2 has everything the DC had and more, it will be interresting to see how it cathes on.
Every game site I have visited has a special page for ordering a PS2 which is becoming more and more neccecary since there is 3 month waiting list, some of my freinds bought them off import and are please with them as they can buy english translated games from a sho in my local town(they don't have many out at the moment) the games are impressive, some of the games they have at the moment are go along the same lines as the original PS games, which is to be expected but makes it more comfortable to play, and Sony veterans know what will be on the market and wont complain, hopefully.
Even though the console is just a black box it holds alot of power and should be set to impress, I would tell you to buy one because I have played two games and they are very good, but they're let down by keeping the same controller, they don't have much imagination, when it comes to that sort of thing.
Tue 19/09/00 at 15:57
Regular
I hope the PS2 will be great, but I'm not sure... There is a lot of bad feedback from Japan, and we all know how hard it is to program for, even harder than N64, I think one company said (I think it was actually Nintendo..!)
No MGS2 on Gamecube.... BUT, Konimi have not ruled out games for the Gamecube.
Mon 18/09/00 at 23:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Don't know where you heard that about MGS2 on the Gamecube because I cannot find anything about it anywhere.
I agree, I think the PS2 will be great.
Mon 18/09/00 at 21:32
Regular
"I like cheese"
Fogmaster, you're actually writing sense for once!!! ONLY JOKING!!!!!! I agree with you. Do you think PDark is dissapointing?? I'm not sure, 'cos I haven't played it much, BUT I LOVE PLAYING THOSE CHALLENGES!!!! Anyway, I hope the PS2 will be great, and I'm pretty sure that it will be. IS IT TRUE THAT MGS2 (THE GREATEST GAME EVER, HOPEFULLY!!!) WILL BE COMING OUT ON GAMECUBE TOO???
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Mon 18/09/00 at 21:18
It will certainly be interesting to see how well Sony handle the PS2 advertising (as this is what Sony does best) Whether the machine is actually good or not, we will all have to wait and see. I'm wondering whether Sony can better themselves from the playstation adverts, they can't really use the four symbols routine as this has now been done to death. The martial arts advert (the one which came on an Official PS mag disc as well as on TV) was, in my opinion, the best one they did.
Sony have had enough time now to fix problems with memory cards and with the bad DVD playback, so hopefully we shall be getting a much better machine than the original Japanese version. Am I getting one? Certainly not yet, but we'll see....
In the meantime I shall continue enjoying my Dreamcast and N64, both of which have never let me down.
Mon 18/09/00 at 20:47
i will take your request into account my son
and i welcome your support for the ps2
cause its great wether grand prix guy agrees i give not a s***e
Mon 18/09/00 at 20:13
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
wo, I don't know why your talking like this, it's really funny and I know that i'm not the only that thinks so, I never said that the PS2 was bad, it's great, I have played on two games and even though Tekken 3 was not my favorite game on the PS tekken Tag is an improvement and and fan should buy it right away, if you buy PS2s off import they cost just over £200 because of the exchange rate(don't change it to their currency because you will be charged, alot) the games will improve, I hope as the console can do alot better, I also said that when the PS2 comes out it will be better than the DC in every way as it has had alot more time on the drawing board!
But what ever you do, don't stop fighting, it's real funny.
Mon 18/09/00 at 19:46
Regular
Spelt anus. Firstly, none of use are offended at your remarks, you immature remarks make us laugh until we choke.
You really are as low as my butt.
Mon 18/09/00 at 19:28
haven't a clue
only that i couldn't be bothered to read it
i just got bored and so decided to come onto here and write abusive messages

hahaaaa
that is what i have to say about your comments
or maybe it was a typing error but you've written not directly but thats what your saying
that the dreamcast is better than the playstation2
i laught at you sir
laugh in disgust that you even suggested such a thing

and as for that gamecube thing i laugh EVEN harder
the gamecube is the biggest load of crap i've ever seen
and the graphical quallity of that compared to the ps2
is also disgusting

you make me sick you scum sucking annus bandit
Sun 17/09/00 at 22:10
Regular
And if you love the PS2 so much, why did you tell someone who was saying why it is so good to go away?
Sun 17/09/00 at 22:07
Regular
The dreamcast already has graphics better than anything the PS2 is churning out, as well as the Gamecube. Or perhaps in your little world, these two objects don't exist? Gamecube, deary, is the piece of hardware which will crouch over PS2's grave, and push as hard as it can with a certain orifice of its body.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.