GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why war?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/12/02 at 21:00
Regular
why war?

who cares what console has the best graphics? Answer= losers who think graphics are more important than gameplay

All consoles are great fun.

they were made for fun

But they've started a war

and its getting ugly.

all these 'next genaration' consoles have they're strong points.
PS2: Been on the market for long so has 200+ games
Xbox:graphical capabilaties
Gamecube: great, fun -bit o' a laugh- games
Dreamcast-yes it does count-: made by SEGA

then they all have bad points.
Ps2: Same reason; been on the market long
xbox: heavy,and unattractive appearence
Gamecube:slightly too many cartonnish games
Dreamcast: um...well...i don't really have to go into detail with dis one

So stop this crappy war. It's because of u 'soldiers the dreamcast 'failed'. It's because of you every company is losing money every time they sell a console.

I come on to this site about to post a message and i see 'Example: Console Wars - who is the best?'

And i say back to that: who gives a monkeys
Fri 27/12/02 at 23:58
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I really don't get this post...

You begin by saying that there is no need for a console war, as all the consoles have great games. Oh, and that graphics don't matter. This is completely true, and has been said in hundreds, if not thousands, of other topics...

You then go on to explain that each console has some pros and some cons, listing:
"Xbox:graphical capabilaties"
"xbox: heavy,and unattractive appearence"
"Gamecube:slightly too many cartonnish games"

A minute ago you were saying that graphics don't make good games, and that gameplay should take the top spot. Then you talk about consoles' strengths and weaknesses in terms of "graphical capabilities", their outwards appearence, and "cartoonish games". Also, unquoted, you talk about the PS2 being good because it has lots of games (quantity or quality?!) and bad because it's been on the market too long (once something is out for a long time, it becomes worse? Like those Beetles....)

In fact, only once did you actually mention that a console has fun games (GC pro), and implied this point once with the DC pro.

Sonic
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:46
Regular
"He's back"
no i aint played phantasy star. i was temted, but i read it was dull offline. i couldn't get online cause i lived in holland.
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:36
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
wam_man wrote:
> Weird wonder wrote:
> for your information; i love dreamcast. ma bro bought it and it was
> then when i relized i love SEGA. skies of arcadia and shenmue
> happpen
> to be ma two faverite games, but chu chu rockets a bit crap. now wit
> ma xbox i'm tryin to buy nearly all the SEGA titles.
>
>
> P.S its not really a petiton, just a msg 4 da ppl tellin dem too
> stop
> thios disgusting piece o' cr*p
>
> oh... soz I interpreted it as you didn't like the dreamcast...
> anyway
> I'd stop text talking If I were you... otherwise Mystique with be
> after your blood!
>

I reckon that you haven't played Phantasy Star Online because I' also a Sega GAME fanatic and I like all those games too. I think phantasy star online was voted best online game and it still keeps that status today.:-D
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:19
Regular
"He's back"
cookie monster wrote:
> wam_man wrote:
> i got toy commander, toy racer, toy story 2,
>
> You like toys then.

well, i thought of toy commander, then it reminded me of toy racer and tor story. i got toy story and commander for presents, and only bought racer cause it was a fiver( this was in the earlier days of the dreamcast)
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I mostly like Nintendo, coz its been around the longest and they dont rip you off (Im not saying microsoft and sony do, but they are just a bit more expencive), but i would happily have an Xbox and PS2.
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:11
Regular
"He's back"
yeh i suppose... But sometimes it gets stupid, like the bloke who changed his name to playstation 2. but the point is that well they're is no point in 'fighting' for your console/company. if you like your console..fine, but don't block out other consoles.
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
wam_man wrote:
> i got toy commander, toy racer, toy story 2,

You like toys then.
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I think people have "wars" about the best console because they truely support the company and they want to show this, and the only way to do this is to show people how good it is and how bad all the others are.

I personally is fed up with people saying "the PS2 is the best" or "the xbox beats all" ect, but you have to think why they do this.

I believe that this is also a good thing, it pushes gamers to the limit, making them advertise the console, buy more games and make the gaming industry more popular.

Adamario
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:06
Beats me people just have a major problem with it here and they will break you down until you dont use it. Lol not really they would just get a bit annoyed
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:04
Regular
"He's back"
soz...um sorry about the text i just cant help it. why am i going to get shot though?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.