GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"games to get in the sales ( If u aint already got them)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/12/02 at 23:01
Regular
I highly recomend a few games for this years new year sales.

I got nightfire, vendetta, fifa 2003 and minority report for christmass and by far the best out of the 4 of them is die hard vendetta. its absolutely cracking! the only downside is there is no multiplayer and this sort of decreases its life span but the 1 player is the best any gamecube FPS has.

Timesplitters is too short and hard to understand, nightfires is just way too short, turok has poo graphics and rubbish weapons, MHFL is a great game but can be very difficult at times and 007 AUF is just too short aswell. die hard has just the right level of chalenge without making you want to throw the controler through the floor boards.

Die hard also has an amazing story line which really grips you and makes you want to uncover more into the plot. the range and variety of levels is fantastic with memories of the original die hard movie at nakatomi plaza + all new excitment on film sets, tube stations, a cinema, LA streets and the unnusual ceaser tuna factory! It really does have all the magic of a movie along with great action and easy to pick up and play controls. Die hard gets 10 out of 10 from me.

Another great title is minority report which i found quite fun.for anyone that has ever played urban chaos for PC it is alot like that. It is a really fun game with cool combos and moves to pull off on enemies. I havent completed it yet but the originality in the levels is quite addictive and is sure to keep me playing for a while. It is only £20 in some places now so i highly recomend that you get it. I would give this 7 out of 10.

Nightfire is a good buy but i find it quite annoying how bond seems to jump on every woman he comes across! the levels are all different and fun. some have more stealthier objectives than others. The game seems to be just like a film with cut scenes every few minutes or so. this can be annoying at time but it makes the games stroyline stand out more and puts alot more meaning and excitement behind your missions. I would give it 8 out of 10.

These are only a few of the many titles that have recently been released but i feel like if your looking for some good gaming quality then these three are the games to get. Fifa 2003 is a solid footy game and would also come alongside these shoot em ups as it has easy controls and alot of chalenging leagues and cups to be won.

Hope Ive helped out anyone who was pondering over what to splash their christmas cash on.
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:18
Regular
I'm from Nottingham, Sam 41.

Anyway, On a non-gamecube related topic, I got a new Project Gotham Racing on Xbox for £29.98.

I did see quite a few Gamecube bargains aswell, Like Pikmin for £21.
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:17
Regular
"the burning sky"
Which Another World did you go to in the East Midlands?
Sat 28/12/02 at 17:16
I bought Doshin The Giant for £14.99 second hand, but immaculate condition.
If you live in the East Midlands Area, you should be familiar with *cough* Another World *cough*
Thats where i got it from

Thats all

Sam41
Sat 28/12/02 at 17:12
Regular
"One More Chance"
I got Die Hard Vendetta today for £30. Only done the Police training so far but it seems great.
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:49
Regular
"^_^"
We are now entering the great games drout of 2003. No good games will be released until the end of February, so snap up some cheap games!
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:12
Regular
there is nuthin wrong with it its just that i rented it out and i got 99/190 of the missions completed so i cud just rent it out again
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:08
AfroJoe wrote:
> I think the first level is really funny though.
>
> They would've been just as well titling the level "The Exact Dam
> Level From Goldeneye".
>
> :-D

It's not really that similar to the one from Goldeneye though is it *_*
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:04
Regular
pumba wrote:
> how good is minority report game cos im tradin in thps4 which i got
> yesterday 4 a new game, any suggestions on what game i shud excgange
> it 4 other than sonic, wrestlemania x8, sms (super mario sunshine) or
> ssbm

Whats wrong with Tony Hawks 4?

I got it for Christmas and out of the 3 I got (Starfox and Timeslitters 2 adn Tony Hakws) it's my favourite, especially now I've unlocked Jango Fett :P
Sat 28/12/02 at 15:33
Regular
how good is minority report game cos im tradin in thps4 which i got yesterday 4 a new game, any suggestions on what game i shud excgange it 4 other than sonic, wrestlemania x8, sms (super mario sunshine) or ssbm
Sat 28/12/02 at 15:30
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
My friend has Die Hard Vendetta and likes all part of the game. I also agree with many people that the Multiplayer part could of done with a few improvements.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.